Chapter 13

"I'll be back after three days so take care until then okay?"

"Yes"

"Be sure to keep the doors and windows lock"

"Sure"

"I'll just ask the neighbor to check up on you every once in a while"

"You don't have to mom, I can take care of myself. I'm not a little kid"

"Just to be sur-"

"Hurry on mom or you might miss your flight. This is an important business trip right?"
Haruhi interrupted her mom already feeling a bit impatient.

"Okay then, well... Take care okay?"

"Yes mom, bye. Have a safe trip"

Haruhi's mom smiled a bit and then left the house in a hurry. By the time her mom left, Haruhi sneezed.

"Eh? I feel dizzy?"

Haruhi went near the wall and leaned into it trying to regain her balance, but to no avail she lost her balance and blacked out.

---
"Mayumi! We've got watermelons!"

"Really?!"

Mayumi lying down on a sofa suddenly stood up and hurriedly went to where the sound of her mother's voice came from, the kitchen.

"Here, share some to the Mochizuki's"

"Kay!"

Mayumi looked at the watermelons hungrily as her mouth drooled.

She took the watermelons that her mom gave her to share with the Mochizuki's and went outside going towards the Mochizuki residence.

"Haruhi's gonna like this" Mayumi snickered as she rang the doorbell excitedly.

Two minutes have passed and still no response. Mayumi got suspicious.

She rang the bell again and waited a few, but still no one came to greet.

'Are they out?' Mayumi wondered, but curiousity won so she entered the Mochizuki property without consent.

"Excuse my intrusion!" Mayumi shouted by the time her hand was already holding the door knob.

She turned it and much to her surprise that it was unlocked! Now even Mayumi knows that something is wrong, the Mochizuki family never left the front door unlocked without a special reason.

When she fully opened the door, she saw Haruhi sprawled on the floor.

Mayumi was first speechless then deliberated about what she should do.

She fully entered the property, closed the door behind her and began approaching Haruhi.

She placed the watermelon at her side, leaned down and shook Haruhi.

"Haruhi! Hey! Haruhi! Can you hear me?"

Haruhi mumbled a few words that couldn't be understood, she also looked really red so Mayumi touched Haruhi's forehead and there she felt a burning sensation.

"What a high fever" Mayumi said her thoughts out loud and carried Haruhi upstairs towards her room without thinking twice.

Mayumi laid Haruhi to her bed and went to the kitchen to find some ice to cool Haruhi with.

Mayumi swiftly took care of Haruhi in no time, and by the time Haruhi woke up the sun already went down.

Haruhi felt something cool on her forehead and grabbed it.