Chapter 4: Confronting our Destiny!

"Seems like you made it home safe and sound, Father," I said, smiling at the man who had just arrived

"Hello Mr. Amethyst," Midori said as he shook hands with Father.

The man lets go of Midori's hand. "I passed the other two chosen children on the way here, I assume that you've talked to them about their fate already?" Father said.

"Yes, we have. Master Morado, could you arrange it so that our new partners get the weapons they'll need to fight the enemy? Also, about the two of them...only one of them is a true chosen."

Father glanced at him. 

What does he mean by 'only one of them is a true chosen?' 

"Don't worry I'll provide them. Now let's go inside the house. Zi, we have to get things ready for your mom." Zi followed her father out of the dojo.

"It must be hard being the clan's priestess, and her most loyal knight," I said as I glanced up at him.

Father's eyes drooped down. "No, I think it's harder on you, you are their daughter. I'm sorry for not being around much even though I'm the least busy of us two."

I smiled warmly. It had been half a year since I had last seen him. "Don't worry, Father. Midori helped me get past my loneliness."

The shine in his purple eyes returned a bit. "I hope that you become good friends with the other two."

I twirled around and giggled. "Yeah, they seem to be very friendly people."

Morado opened the door to the house. A woman in silk robes that touched the ground stood there as if she had been waiting for us. She approached us and bowed as soon as she came to a stop. "Thank the gods, you're here."

"Hey Viola," Father said with a smirk.

Mom had long purple hair and deep violet eyes. She wore a hanfu with Iris flowers painted across its surface. Her face was warm and comforting with its kind smile.

Mother tackled me and gave me a bear hug. "I heard from Midori that you won your match."

I smiled. "I did. We're going to the state finals." Her smile faded. Her team was going to go to the finals, but she knew that she most likely wasn't going to join them.

"Come Zi we are about to begin the Amethyst ceremony." Mom grabbed my hand and escorted me into a room with large purple stones forming a circle in its center.

" Mom grabbed my hand and escorted me into a room with large purple stones forming a circle in its center