Chapter 3: The Destiny of Garnet, Amethyst, Aquamarine and Peridot

Previously on Ethereal Stones- Sanuri: Hong and Rika were invited by a mysterious girl to visit her house

Previously on Ethereal Stones- Sanuri: Hong and Rika were invited by a mysterious girl to visit her house. Zi told them that there was something important that they needed to know. What must they know, and why?

We entered the dojo, but it wasn't how I had expected. There were multi-colored pillows and even a coffee table in the center of the room. There was also a hallway leading to who knows where.

"Sit down," Midori told us. He and Zi sat down on two of the four pillows and signaled us to do the same.

I sat down, expecting them to talk, but nothing was said. I tapped the table, trying to think of a way to break the ice.

"Uh, so what's this about you actually bringing us here to talk about our destiny?" I asked, having no clue as to what was going on.

"Zi bought you here because she discovered you and your friends are key to saving this country from its present-day political crisis," Midori responded. "As you've probably heard, the Zosino Guard, following the death of the King and Queen, had the Princess sign a pact giving them control of this section of the nation. However, the guard consists of 13 members. At first, they worked as one, but they splintered within a year.."

"Yeah, we heard about that in the news. This occurred two years ago." Two years ago...around the same time that my brother vanished. "Are you a part of this section's Zaba group?"

"We are not allies with Zaba. Actually, they are also part of the enemy we are destined to fight against. Still, we must protect them, at least until they're no longer of any use to us," Midori said with a cold face.

No more use to them?

"I see, so you're saying our destiny is to overthrow the warlords that overthrew our old government? How do you expect us to do this while we are just kids?" I stood up and signaled to Rika that we were leaving.

"Wait," Zi said. "We're not done talking."

I stopped in front of the door. "Your goal is crazy. We'll simply be cannon fodder!" I grabbed Rika's hand. "Come on, Rika, let's get out of here before we get involved in a crazy conspiracy."

"You know it's true. I'm sure you can feel it too. The sensation that you're meant for so much more. You've had important information concerning your heritage held back from you," Midori said, standing up. "Both of you know this deep down." We paused and looked back at him. "Listen to what we have to say before you declare us loons."

"I didn't say anything about you being loons, more like strange people."

Midori looked back at Zi, who simply nodded. "We will use the power we were given by destiny."

"Destiny?" Rika said. She touched her necklace. "What power were we given? When?"

Zi smiled now that they had our attention. "The power that was given to our ancestors by the ancient gods and passed on down to us. While our parents can use the powers, we are the ones destined to bring out their full potential. Only we can manifest the stones. You two have the power of the Garnet and Aquamarine in your hands, or rather, in your foreheads."