Chapter One: Seven Years

"How could you just let me die like that?!"

He stood before me. It was as if he was right here in front of me in the flesh. In the glory of all his perfection.

"Jacob- I tried to save you. Just come back to me plea-" I reached out for him just before his skin began to become transparent. He was disintegrating within mid air.

I was losing him. Again..

"It's your fault I'm dead right now." She appeared next to his slowly fading body.

Her skin glowing just as beautifully as when she was existent. "Crystal... I never meant for you to die... I didn't mean any of the things I said. I loved you, I promise I did"

"But why did you stop loving me?" "Ray?..." I placed my hand over my chest. "I never stopped loving you... Never" "So why did you abandon me? I waited for you..." "I never wanted you to go ray.. Please, forgive me"

The familiar sting of regret stung the interior of my eyelids... I looked into his face. The face I haven't seen in so long. "I never forgot"

He then turned his back towards me, walking into a plush cloud of pure white just as crystal and jacob did the same.

Leaving me there to weep with this aching twinge I held in my chest.. My heart was breaking.

"I'll never forget you"

"Excuse me?"

In seconds, I found myself in the place I most dreaded in the world.. "Who won't you forget? Why are you crying?"

Damn, I was seeing things again. Well, more like seeing dead people and hearing voices again.

He handed me some tissues he pulled out of his Kleenex box. I shooed his hand away just before wiping the stray tear that escaped me..

"Get that shit out of my face" I shook my head a little in hopes that maybe I'd be less flustered but in the end, all I could manage to pull off was an act.. A pretentious front I was barely keeping up.

'I can't believe I let this bullshit ass nigga catch me slipping. Never will I let him get in my head' I thought whilst I pulled my emotions together.

My arms were folded under my breasts as I eyed him up and down with aggravation,

irritation...annoyance maybe? Anything that sounded more intense then mad.

He scribbled down more notes on his notepad before looking up at me once more. "Now, Are you ready to talk to me?" He questioned while raising a brow at me through his eye-glasses.

"Can you just write me the fucking note so I can go?" I growled at him. "Terrine, you have to talk-" "I don't have to do shit! I do not belong here, I'm fine" I eyed him in his chair in attempt to intimidate him and by the way he shifted uncomfortably in his chair..

It was working

"Your being here is for your benefit and no one else's" "As if that paycheck you get after every session isn't a substantial benefit" I stated with my tone drenched in sarcasm. He chuckled lightly before removing his eye glasses.

"Your not leaving here until you share something with me" A smirk appeared on his lips as his sense of authority grew. "Aren't you like a freshman in college or some shit? You look like you should be taking my order at Burger King" Seriously? The dude looked my age. Younger even.

Nice even skin, freshly done haircut and the most inticing jaw structure I've seen since, Craig.

May his soul repose in paradise.