Chapter 9: Dont Mess With The Stubborn Miss

A/N: I updated a chapter tilted SORRY so please go vote on that! Hope y'all enjoy Chapter 9 of my book!

Aphrodite's POV:

There comes a time in every woman's life when she feels like she has had enough. And she will also want to take a stand and do something for not only herself but other people as well.

And that woman is me. I'm tired of the secrets that reside in this place and no one will tell me anything unless I use force. This would explain why I'm currently slamming my hands on the wooden table where my parents are sitting and eating. The table was finely carved and had lion heads engraved on every corner. What a fine table indeed.

   "Stop this nonsense, dove. We had our reasons for keeping this from you! You've always wanted to put yourself on the front lines with things like these. It's simply too dangerous! Honey, please, tell her something." My mom was giving my dad the full show and I knew he wasn't going to spill either.

    "Listen to your mother, Aphrodite! I don't want you getting hurt and these rogues are obviously in groups. If you were to face them, you'd be lost and over powered. It's like sending a cub to go bring the days kill. Not. Going to. Happen." There it is. The stern voice and disparity.

    They weren't going to give in but neither was I so of course they'd feel tired. This isn't the first time and it sure won't be the last. So far, our stay here has been great and if I can do something to keep it that way, I will. One way or another.

    "This simply cannot be ignored! I could be the perfect bait. All that we would have to do then is surround them. I even have a plan! I'm not defenseless either, mother. I've had training here and I did some back at our kingdom. I know enough to not get hurt." I plead and hoped that they'd notice just how badly I wanted to help.

   "Well, if there really is no stopping you, I'll allow you to help. But! Only if you promise to let me have final say in what you try to get yourself into!" My father stated while rubbing his eyes.

   "I promise, father." I replied confidently.

    I sighed as I left them in the dinning hall and made a sharp turn to head towards my room. About halfway there is when I realized I left Joffrey alone with him and hoped that they didn't rip each other's throats out. Or more like Joffrey ripping his out.

   I didn't even realize that I had reached my room until I bumped into Joffrey who was waiting right in front of it.

"Sorry, I was just really deep in thought." I said, blushing profusely.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes, it's nothing serious, I'd have been upset if it was. I just finished talking to my parents about whether or not I can take part in this rogue situation." I answered. I had butterflies in my stomach with how worried he sounded.

"And what did they say? I want you to be happy and all but I'm hoping they said no. It's too dangerous for a beautiful woman like you to be thrown out there." He said.

"I'm flattered, Joffrey, but I can handle myself just fine. And for your information, they did in fact let me. I just want all of you to understand that I'm not some helpless little girl! I won't do anything rash and I'm confident in my abilities to fight off one or two rogues." I was angry that so many people had so little trust in me.

"It's not that we think you're helpless, we just don't want to see you getting hurt or be put in dangerous situations. You're marrying me, love, would the people want to have a queen who likes to go into battle? I sure wouldn't. Having to know that any day could be your last isn't a good thing. I love you and I just don't want this to become a habit of yours. Guess we've all learned now not to mess with the stubborn miss." He stated calmly and whispered the last part.

If I had butterflies before then I must have dragons now. He's making me want to take him here and now.

"I promise I will be okay and I promise I won't do this as a habit. Just trust me, J." I used his favorite nickname in hopes he'd drop the subject and just kiss me already.

He glanced down at my lips and smiled before finally leaning down and taking my lips in his. I always feel pure bliss when he holds me in a long kiss.

We had to pull away for air but he still held me close and whispered sweet nothings in my ear. This may have lasted for a moment but it'll always be clear in my memory.

A/N: Sorry that this was short but I wanted to put this up now. The next chapter is gonna be longer cause of all the action but I might end it in a cliffhanger (queue the evil music). Anyways, thank you for reading and taking the time to enjoy my book. I love you all.