Chapter 3 Happy Couple

"Author's Note: At first I wanted to take this story down but instead I'm going to try my hardest to update. The picture is what I want Aphrodite to look like. I'll give a picture of her parents in the next chapter. After I'm done introducing my made up characters, we'll go back to Joffrey and such."

Aphrodite's POV:

The ride to King's Landing was quiet except for my mother and father's whispering which was followed by stares.

"What? What are you guys doing? Is there something on my face?" I asked.

"Sweetie, we want you to be kind and to quiet your attitude when we arrive. We don't want to upset the wrong person." My mother said carefully.

"I'll try. But I'm not making any promises." I responded while nodding hesitantly.

As soon as we approached, the guards came and took our belongings to our rooms. I looked around and my eyes caught sight of a certain boy at the entrance. I'm not gonna lie....he is handsome, but I need to get to know him first.

I noticed that he was walking towards us and that my parents were shooting me glances. I nodded briefly before going back to looking at his approaching form.

"Welcome to Kings Landing. I hope you enjoy your stay." He said once he approached.

"Thank you, my prince." My parents replied and looked to me.

"Yes, thank you." I told him.

"You must be Aphrodite. What a pleasure it is to meet you." He said as he gave me a tight smile while kissing my hand and helping me off of my horse.

"Thank you. And you must be Joffrey. The pleasure is all mine." I replied.

He took my hand and my horse and led us to the entrance where his mother was waiting. The King must be in the throne room. I took the chance to look at Joffrey and study his features.

"See anything you like?" He mumbled quietly while chuckling.

I blushed and immediately responded. "I was just trying to get a good look at who I am going to be married off to."

"Well, so will I." He looked at me for the rest of the walk and I tried my hardest not to look back at him.

We finally made it and greeted the Queen formally. She already took a liking to me and noticed how close I was standing to Joffrey.

"Well, you guys already look like a happy couple. Joffrey, you should take her to visit the garden once she's done settling in." She said and led my parents along with my personal maid to their rooms.

"I guess I should take you to your room then." He said as he grabbed my bags and my arm.

We didn't talk about much on the way to my room but he did ask about what it was like in Loars. I told him everything I could about it and he seemed genuinely interested. Next thing I knew we stumbled up to my door laughing about the great comparisons between my father and his.

"Here we are. Your room...." He trailed off as his eyes met mine and leaned in.

"Yes, thank you..." I couldn't decide if I wanted this or not.

So as Joffrey leaned in closer, I made my choice and decided to...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************

Sorry about the cliffhanger but I felt bad for not updating in so long so in order to update sooner, I had to cut it short. But don't worry! I'll try to have another chapter done by Tuesday night or maybe tonight if I'm not busy!