Chapter 6 Bad Luck

A/n: Woohoo new chapter! Hopefully I get this up by tomorrow so I can plan out my updating schedule properly. Yay for leap day! Okok so the guy in the picture above is the 'new' guy in the story.

Aphrodite's POV:

   Well the guards did come. Joffrey wasn't kidding! They kind of scared me because I thought we did something wrong but apparently they only came to retrieve us because of some new guest that has arrived.

    All day I have been having a bad feeling in my chest and I'm wondering if it's something important but I just shrug it off....again. Anyways I'm really happy because they brought me my personal horse so I get a chance to bond with the white stallion. 

    I decided to name my horse Pegasus Max or just Max for short. He's really handsome and doesn't have any other color on him besides the pale blueish looking white. He's wearing gold armor and I'm assuming my father has told them how I love to have my animals protected.

     I notice Joffrey smiling to himself and giggle because he looks genuinely happy. "Why are you so happy?" I asked him while trying to focus on my pacing with the horse.

   "I'm happy because you're happy about the horse. I thought you wouldn't like it but I see you really do love animals. And it's nice to know more about you." He responded thoughtfully.

   "Well I'd like to know more about you as well. I wouldn't want to have you know me more than I know you. And I want to know what you like so you won't be getting me all these things without me returning the favor." I say.

    He was about to say something but was interrupted by the guard in front of us who yells out "We have arrived!!" in a booming voice. 'I can see why he was chosen as captain of this legion' I think to myself.

I see my dad waiting for us at the door and I can tell he's worried about something so I pull my horse towards him.

   "Dad, what's going on? You rarely have that look on your face." I say while climbing rather ungracefully off of my horse.

   "Just get inside dear and you'll see exactly why I'm uneasy. Although I doubt you'll be anything but shocked." He mutters and walks through the huge doors and into the castle.

    As I follow my father I remember that I left Joffrey behind. Oh well, I need to find out what has this whole place feeling stuffy. I'm still slightly upset that the throne room is a walk away. What? I can't help being a little lazy! I just spent a day walking through the market. It really snatches your energy up.

    My mind still drifts back to Joffrey and I wonder if his reaction will be similar to mine. My father didn't really elaborate when I questioned him so I'm hoping it's not serious and won't be a nuisance. That is until I finally realized that we had arrived at the throne room and the person standing there was none other than Jean.

    The whole room was eerily silent as I took in what was happening. I might just collapse from this sudden and overwhelming stress. He's not supposed to be here and I doubt he's even supposed to be alive. We killed him. Our guards had killed him. I saw him get killed. What is he? A wizard or something?

    My overwhelmed state seemed to grow once he opened his mouth and started speaking. He has such a nasty voice. His ugly inner self has no correlation with his slightly pleasing appearance. Although I do prefer my men with a sword through their chest, at least that's how I'd prefer him right now.

   "Well if it isn't my wonderful Aphrodite. Looking very pleasing, might I add." He states while swinging his arms around looking completely foolish.

   "Well if it isn't me then who else would be unfortunately graced with your presence? It seems I didn't witness what I thought I had and I do believe I should take this guards sword and shove it-"

   "Dear! Please see to it that you exit this room if you are not going to behave! We understand how you must feel but it's not us who invited him as our guest. Therefore, we have no say in the matter and cannot do anything about his dastardly presence." My mother states scoldingly.

   Just when I was going to reach for the sword! Next time I swear I'll make sure he's alone so I can finally-

    I'm interrupted once again by the doors slamming open. Dare I say it but it feels as though everyone seems to not want me to think or speak today. I'm feeling rather unloved and want nothing more but to walk over to Jean and do exactly what he did to my brother.

   Joffrey strides in as if he owns the room, which he probably will pretty soon. "Why am I hearing that the man who murdered the brother of my lady is in our kingdom?" He angrily expresses.

  I suppose that I'll forgive him for interrupting me.

   "Dear, please take a seat." His mother motions towards his smaller throne and he begrudgingly strides over there.

  "Now, as for the reason to why he's here. Well, we heard of what he's done and how he escaped the claws of death. So we wish to have him apologize by making him your slave for a few years. This has all been marked in a seal and has been agreed upon by Jean himself. That may not be enough for you and I'm very sorry but I don't wish to spill blood until after our children marry because I don't wish to bring bad fortune onto the couple."

  My father seems to be a bit off put be he replies to Joffrey's father with an undertone that only a powerful man such as he can achieve.

  "We understand and appreciate what you're doing. Although my family believes that it's not the course of action we should be taking, we will comply since we too are guests at your kingdom. I will not assure you that blood will not be shed if this man tries to bring harm to my daughter or anyone for that matter, but I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about until then."

   He said "until then". So he still doesn't seem to trust Jean. Well, father, at least we both do agree on something at the end of the day. Jean looks very suspicious with his disturbing face but I cannot seem to have any real suspicions on him since he always has the same physical appearance.

  As I stride out of the room confidently, I only have one thing on my mind.

I will find out what you have planned, Jean, and I will make sure you don't get kissed by death. You will instead get ravaged by the very hands of  death himself.

A/N: YAYY ONE CHAPTER PUBLISHED! TWO MORE TO GO FOR THIS WEEK! I hope you guys enjoyed and as always...please vote and keep reading because your support fills me with the confidence to continue! OH! And I'll edit this chapter a bit and post a picture of Jean real soon so look out for that! Here are some flower things as I take my leave: *************