Chapter 42

"You know, I'm starting to get scared." My voice shook as I pulled myself more closer to Arisa and Tsubaki. It's already been like, I don't know, an hour or so, I mean that's what it felt like, and still nobody has shown any interest of showing up yet. We clasped our hands together, with the feeling of getting scared. "Ugh, you know, we can at least try to get to the window." Arisa grunts. "Ugh fine, but I'm doing it, I don't want you guys to get hurt, in case you do." I demand as we get up.

Looking up at the shelve nearest to the window, I took a deep breath. "Okay, hold it tight okay? Don't let it fall or else I will fall along with it." I order as Arisa and Tsubaki went both ways to hold onto the shelve. Taking another deep breath, I finally decided to go for it.

Climbing up this shelve is so hard, especially when your live is at risk, you never know when you can just....fall... "Shay, careful." Tsubaki calls. "Don't worry." I assure her as I kept on climbing. But truth was, I was actually scared myself, I hate heights. 😣

I gasp. "Made it!" I exclaim excitedly. Arisa gasp along excitedly as she seems to have let go of the shelve since Tsubaki yelled out "Arisa! Don't let go!"

"Oops!" I can hear Arisa quickly gasping. Then there was a loud thump which made me flinch. "Yah!" I couldn't feel my foot on the shelve anymore, the shelve had fallen down and my legs are kicking to hold on to something. "I'm gonna fall you idiots!" I worry as I'm screaming.

"I'm so, so sorry." Arisa quickly apologizes. "Shay, the shelve is too heavy to pull it back up." I hear Tsubaki tell me with a worrisome tone. "What?!" I yell in horror. "I won't be able to hold on much longer!"

"T-try to open the window!" Arisa suggests. With that, I start trying to open the window, but I couldn't, it was going to make me fall. "I can't, it's too heavy." I tell them, then suddenly gasp when I see someone, or two. Instantly, I start knocking on the window as much as I can to hold on still so that I wouldn't fall. Good thing it window led to a hilltop, so I'm dead.

It seemed as if they heard me when I see them running towards my way. The window quickly opens and there stood Ayato and Takuma. I gasp for help. "What the—"

"I can't hold on much longer!" I quickly cut off Takuma. Seeing me looking in horror, Ayato quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the storage. "Deng Shay, what the heck?" Ayato looks at me confused. "Oh, we were trapped inside so, we had to try to find a way out, heh, that's why." I smile cheekily. Ayato hits my head. "This isn't a laughing matter, look at you." He could see a little bit of bruises on my arm as I try to hide them.

"Hello!?" We heard Arisa and Tsubaki's voice yell from inside. I gasp as I realized. "Oh, right." And quickly ran to open the storage. Once I got it open, Arisa and Tsubaki's faces showed relief and I turn to Takuma and Ayato. "Thanks, if you guys weren't here, I would've got hurt and fallen. I owe you."

A sudden voice suddenly makes all of us froze. "There you guys are!" Sensei comes running up. "Where have you guys been?" He demanded an answer. Me, Arisa, and Tsubaki quickly bowed our heads. "We're really, really sorry but we were locked up in that storage room sensei." I apologize. Seeing him look at Ayato and Takuma makes it seems he didn't believed us, but when those two nodded, he sighs and turned to face us three. "Well, we can't compete some competitions without you three, come on, the sports festival has already started." Was all he said before leading us away from the storage room.

     "I do not want to ever go back in there." Arisa mumbles so that only me and Tsubaki could hear. Then we let out a soft giggle. 😅

Sorry it's shorter than the rest. 😁 But that's all for this chapter.