Chapter 9

I slowly open my eyes and see a white ceiling. What happened? Wait, I lost conscious. But why am I here? The infirmary? I start to sit up when I feel a hand on mine. I look at it and see Ayato asleep holding my hand. Did he...waited...? He told me that he liked me so boldly, but I couldn't. He...I like him... I place my other hand on my chest and feel my heart beating.

     He slowly starts to wake up and saw me awake and smiled. "You're awake. Thank goodness, I was so worried. Everyone was looking for you when they found out you were gone. Honestly, what's with you? I went on the rooftop and found you on the floor, you didn't wake up so I thought something was wrong and—yo, what's wrong?" He asked surprised as I'm suddenly crying.

     "I don't even know, I just can't stop. My feelings, it just, it-it hurts to see you with other girls, and then you come to me and care for me. I ask myself, 'why can't I be like them?' Every girl tells you that they like you and I...I just told you that I like food instead of I like you. I-I guess, you can call it...jealousy..." I cover my face with my knees.

     Ayato went quiet. "I know, I'm an idiot, not being able to say just three words. I'm sorry I can't be the kind of person you may want, I'm sorry I'm not like those other girls." I continue.

     He started to snicker. "Hey! It's not a laughing matter!" I frown when I look up at him. "So that's what you were trying to tell me...laughs...you really are an idiot but, it doesn't matter if you're like this and not like the rest, that's why I like you dummy. You're different. Who cares how other girls say things? You're the only girl that matters. And sorry for being around other girls every time, guess I hurted you by that. But..." He smirks. "You just told me that you like me. Bold confession."

     He chuckles and wipe my tears away then without me expecting, he kisses my forehead and I turn red. He looks away and chuckles by that. "...Ayato-kun..." I call his name, he turned to me and I gave him a smile. He looked surprise at first but then break into a smile. "You...really know how to get my heart pounding huh? I knew you'd look cute smiling, keep doing that from now on."

     Ayato pulls me into a hug. "Let's go out." He said. "I- but I don't anything about dating." I told him. "Don't worry, I'll teach you, just do your part as a girlfriend that's all." He pulls away. "But how?" I asked. "Being the best girlfriend you can be is just be yourself, that's all, there's nothing else you need to do." He said and pat my head and I smiled again.

     So, we're going out now...wait—we're going out!? >\\< "Come on, don't look too surprised, of course we're going out." He said as if reading my mind. "School's over by the way." I'm shock. "What?! I fainted for that long?! Oh my gosh! But I—"

     "It's okay, it was only Valentine's Day so we didn't do anything important. You're hungry right? But everyone was worried about you." He said. "We sure were." A voice came and Arisa and Takuma came in with our other classmates. "Deng, you know you're really good at that." Arisa said.

     "You're okay now right?" They ask. "Yeah, I'm fine." I answer them. "Thank you, I'm sorry for worrying you all." I said and smiled without realizing then everyone goes shock for a few seconds then breaks into a smile too. "Prez smiled!"

     "Ayato did that huh?"

     "Oh my gosh!"

     "She is cute."

     "Oh and you don't need to worry about the party decorations, we finished it all. Now just go home and get ready for the party." Arisa said. "My best friend smiled!" She pulled me into a hug happily.

     So then after that, me and Arisa went home together, to her house. "OMG! I'm so happy for you! You smiled! And you're dating him!" >.< Arisa exclaims. "I knew this moment would come!"

     "Okay, okay, don't need to get more excited than me." I said. "I'm just so happy. I'm mean seeing my best friend happy is just the happiest thing." She said calming down and I smile at her. "Thank you Arisa." She breaks into a big smile again. "Gosh your smile is so cute!"

     At about 6:30, 30 minutes after the party starts, me and Arisa walks to school. "When you walk in some minutes late, then that'll bring the attention of the audience." She said. "We're 30 minutes late and I don't want to get attention though." I tell her. "It's a nice experience." She smiled.

     "By the way, are you keeping the dating a secret?" She asked. "I don't know, should I?" I asked. "Well, if you do then it'll be harder on you because those Ayato lovers won't know so they'll bug Ayato and you two won't be able to be together much. That's why me and Takuma dating isn't a secret. It's better for both of us." She explained.

     When we got to the party, it was really fun, more fun than any other parties that I go to because those other parties, I was more forced into.

Smiling...it actually feels nice smiling, and to be able to laugh as well. Grandma...I think I've made the right choice. Don't you think so too...? I think to myself as I smile.