Chapter 18

The day of the Sports Festival came, we were the blue team against everyone else. There were many sports like basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, relay races and many other games. Each of us was assigned by our team captains, I was on the relay team with two other teammates, Arisa was on the tennis team and Ayato and Takuma were assigned for basketball.

        So far, we have won most of the games. I'm so proud of them all. Basketball came and me and Arisa cheered for our class. "Yeah Takuma!" She cheered. "Nice shot!" I added. Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Huh?" I turned around and saw Yui-senpai. "Shay, we gotta get ready for track." She told me. "Oh, right." I gasp. Turning around, I told Arisa that I had to go, then we left.

     After changing into my track clothes, I went out and Yui asked me to carry some stuff. "Can you help me with this? I hope it's not too heavy." She says. "Oh don't worry, I'll be fine." I smiled as I grabbed some stuff from her. Oh, it's actually heavy.

     "Is it?" Yui-senpai asked concerned. "It's a bit heavy but I'll be okay." I assure her and she smiled in return. "What are these for anyways?" I ask but suddenly, instead of relying back, Yui had a shock on her face. "Shay move!" She shouts but it was too late. Someone bumped into me so hard that I lost my balance and I think I also sprained it. Dropping the things that I was holding, I fell down with my foot hurting.

     "Shay!" Yui-senpai gasps as she comes helping me up. "I'm so, so sorry." The guy who bumped into apologized as he also helped me up. "It's okay. It's okay." I repeated but I could tell I kinda wasn't. "Shay, your foot..."

     "I'll be fine so please let me race!" I begged after Yui told our teacher. He didn't looked too sure. "Please." I pleaded. He sighed. "If you're so sure Shay, then okay. But push yourself okay?" He says. I broke into a smile. "Thank you!"

    Track came and I already seem so tired. As I waited on the line where we're the last the race for the finish line, I wonder to myself if I'll make it or not. As Yui-senpai was getting closer to me, I start getting ready.

      Come on, I can do this. If I win this, our class will definitely win. It's up to you now. Yui quickly gave me the stick and I started running. "Go! Go! Go!" She yelled. Someone was already in front of me as we raced for the finish line. Although I felt my foot starting to hurt, I didn't stopped. Come on Shay, don't give up. I told myself. Although sensei told me to not push myself, I couldn't let the team down after he told me that I could race.

     Pushing myself harder, I sped up to the girl that was in front of me. Now I'm next to her. "Yeah Shay!" I hear Ayato cheering. I smiled knowing that he was here. So was Arisa and Takuma-kun. Feeling believed in, I focused on the race again. Racing faster, I somehow went some inches faster than the girl. Now I'm in first place.

     Quickly, I kept going, knowing that the finish line was just inches away. Then...everyone cheered. "Yeah Shay!" I hear them screaming. "Class 2-2 wins this year Sports Festival!" Our principal shouted through a loud speaker. Whoa, I won. I won! I screamed in my head so happily. My class crowded me as they said their congratulations. Ayato, Arisa, and Takuma were one of the firsts.

     But the happiness didn't lasted long for me. I suddenly felt a pain of shock on my foot. Oh no. I gasp. Yui's face went worried. "Don't tell me..." She panicked and I collapses to the ground. "Shay!" Ayato shouts as he bends down. "This is my fault for making you carry stuff." Yui said looking upset.

     "No, don't think about it. But, it hurts, a lot now." My face showed pain. "Ayato, infirmary!" Yui orders and Ayato-kun picked me up. "Hold on Shay." I hear him call as I'm leaning against his chest as he ran to the infirmary. I could hear his heart beating and that was the last thing I heard before falling asleep. Just...a little while longer.

~~~~~~~~~~

     I opened my eyes to find a white ceiling above me. What the...oh yeah, I fell asleep when Ayato brought me to the infirmary. When I got up, surprisingly, no one else was in the room except me. Ayato usually stays with me until I'm awake. My foot was in a wrap cast and feels swollen.

     After a few seconds of thinking, I heard the door opening. Ayato...? I asked myself hoping to find Ayato coming in but instead, it wasn't, it was Hana and Yuki, Ayato's exs. "Um..." I bite my lip looking away from their gazes as they walk towards me.

"We had a deal didn't we?" Hana starts, breaking the silence. "We-we never had a deal." I stammered nervously. "Oh, we didn't? Then wanna make one?" She smirks. I couldn't say no or else they'll definitely hurt me and I'm so outnumbered.

When I didn't spoke, Yuki sat on the bed, next to me. "Hey, I heard you had hurt your foot." She smiles. Uh oh. "I'm learning to be a nurse, I can make your foot better."

"N-no thanks." I denied. "I'm good at it." She says but I just shake my head. "Do as your told then, or we'll hurt you. Break up with Ayato, or you'll get hurt and you will never be able to walk again." Hana challenges. "No." I said with a firm voice and taking their gaze so that they know I'm serious. "I'd rather get hurt than to do that."

The girls scoffs then laughs. "She's trying to be tough." Hana chuckles. "Be careful what you say, you may regret it later." Yuki smirks and her hand slides to touch my foot as Hana grabs hold of me so that I won't try to stop Yuki. No, no please!