Chapter 10

The next day came and as me and Arisa came into the classroom, we can hear chattering about the person Ayato likes. Oh gosh. "Shay, you must know something right?" They ask me.

"We're actually dating now." Ayato-kun smirks and all the girls and boys were surprised and interested. "Who is it?!"

"Is she in this school?!" They ask. "I'll give you a hint, she's in this classroom." He says. All the girls squeal and everyone looks around. Is he...planning on telling the whole class? The whole school maybe?

"Well, it's not me. There's no way it's you, or you, or you. Nope, no, nah." Yui-senpai started pointed out. "You're taken, you too, you're with someone else also. Arisa's taken too." She said coming towards us. Oh no. Then she pauses when she looks at me since I'm the only girl left. Everyone else looks as they realized too.

Yui-senpai gasp. "No way...I knew it! I knew it all along!" She exclaims then turned to Ayato-kun. "It's Shay-chan isn't it?!" Ayato smiles and everyone knew what that meant. Yes... They all turn to me, some congratulating, some jealous, and some just too mad to even look at me, all I did was turn into embarrassment. >\\<

As I walk in the hallway, the news went out everywhere and everyone's looking at me. "Oh my gosh, this is too much. Especially for a reputation as prez. I can't focus, I can't focus!" I complain to Arisa. "Come on, it's gonna be alright. They just gotta get used to it." She says.

"But as student prez, I can't get anything in my way. Look, Ayato is important, yes, but as a student president, I need to be able to focus, that's one of the reason why I was chosen in the first place, because I can focus without getting distracted easily. Oh gosh." I tell Arisa as I stop walking.

"Hey, is the rumors true?" A voice comes out. We turn and saw Jun. "Uh...you can say that." I said hesitating. "Why does it matter to you?" Arisa asked. "It doesn't, just wanted to see if this failure can date someone as popular as Ayato." He turns away.

"Failure?! Excuse me?!" I yelled. "You heard me deaf girl. See ya." He walks away. "This mother—ugh!" Arisa pulls me back as I'm trying to smack Jun. >#< "Probably everyone else thinks I'm not good enough. Whatever, as if I care. Gotta go to the student prez's office now. See ya." I said leaving.

Once I got to the office, I could tell everyone else heard the news. -.-' "Heh, um, hi guys..." I said. "So now you're dating someone as popular as Ayato. Would you be able to—"

"Of course I can Kou!" I said cutting off my assistant prez. "Honestly, believe me. I can do this. Besides, why wouldn't I? You know I have good focus in school." I tried persuading them. "And it's not like you can just fire me because I have a boyfriend. That wouldn't be fair. Now come on, let's get back to business." I said with a smile as I sat down.

"So the party was a success last night, I actually enjoyed it myself. Next we have our mid-terms exams in 3 weeks. As long as everyone doesn't get distracted, I think we'll be fine for the exams don't you think?" I asked getting back on track. "You know, you're smile really looks nice on you." One of our co-friends says.

"Focus." I frown although I appreciated it and I can tell everyone believes that I'll be fine even if I have a popular boyfriend, I mean why wouldn't I be?

~~~~~~~~~~

Push! A girl shoves me to a wall along with her two friends behind the school when school was ending. "Dating Ayato-kun huh? How? Did you trick him into something? You know the last time I dated Ayato-kun, we actually had a thing going on. He's not serious with you, you know that right?" Hana said, one of Ayato's ex.

"We need you, to break up with him, so that I can date him again." She says but I don't say anything in return. So she pulls on my hair. "Didn't you hear me?! He's playing with you. So what if you're his childhood friend? That doesn't mean anything to him. I do!" She yells as she's pulling into my hair. I yell in pain.

"Yeah, keep yelling, you'll get more pain from us if you don't do what I say. So you gonna do it or not?" Hana asked. "No." I answered. She scoffs. "Wrong choice, I thought prez was suppose to me smart, but I guess you're not. Get her." She turns to her friends. "And you better not tell Ayato-kun any of this Shay, or you're dead meat." She says walking away and her friends comes near me, about to hurt me.

~~~~~~~~~~
-narrator-

After Hana walks away, she decides to go see Ayato and flirt with him. "Ayato-kun!" She calls out when she saw him and ran to him. "How have you been?" Hana asks holding his arm. "Uh, yeah, great to see you too Hana. But you know I already have a girlfriend." Ayato says trying to pull away.

"Come on Ayato-kun, I know you miss me. How about we ditch the girl and hang out together?" Hana says clinching onto Ayato. "Go play with some other guy." Ayato pulls away. "Ooh, a change man aren't you? You'll never find someone like me you know." Hana smiles.

"I know, and I like it that way." Ayato replied. Hana looked shock at first but then breaks into a smile again. "She probably won't be coming you know, have fun waiting." Smirking, Hana leaves. She better not, if she doesn't want to be beaten up again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Great, how am I going to face Ayato-kun now? Just make up an excuse, yeah, an excuse. I practice smile and looking fine, took a deep breath and went out. "Ayato-kun! Sorry for making you wait!" I called out. He turned to me and looked surprised. "Shay, what happened?!" He asked.

"Oh, heh. I was clumsy, books fell on top of me. A lot of books, and I think I felt the shelves falling on me too." I lied. "What is wrong with you? What did you do?" He asked. "Oh you know me, just clumsy." I replied. "Yeah, you totally are. You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said lying again. "Next time I'll be with you so you don't do something like that again." He said holding out his hand. I smiled nodding and took his hand as we walked. "Jeez, your hands are rough, you really are clumsy. Careful next time."

I'll...try...sorry I have to lie to you Ayato-kun...sorry...just a little while longer Shay, you can do this. Just a little while longer...