Chapter 34

"I heard your loud screaming." Ayato-kun tells me as we're on our way back to my house. "Seriously? I can't believe I was that loud. Arisa and Tsubaki told me they heard it too, gosh I'm loud." I sigh uncomfortably. "And Yui told me you cried when she chased you down." He starts laughing. "Y-Ya! T-That's not funny! It was scary okay?!" I blush in deep embarrassment. "I mean, the grudge was chasing after me! And then my partner ran away, of course I would be crying, you know how much I hate the dark."

     But the more I get embarrassed, the more Ayato keeps laughing. "Geez, shut up already." I demand with a pout. "So you're class was the scaring team? I can't believe I didn't saw you." I said changing the subject so that I don't get all flushed up anymore. Ayato calms down. "That's cause you were clinging onto Yamato's arm and shutting your eyes. Geez, I got a bit pissed off and ended up not scaring you two." He tells me honestly with an irritated sigh. "Sorry about that, I was just, I'm sorry." I apologize, remembering myself back there. "Ugh, Yamato will probably spread these stuff about me and it'll totally ruin my prez side." 😩

"Hey, you're free tomorrow right?" He asks me. "What's this? Another date you're asking me to?" I guess and he nods. "This time there's definitely nothing that'll come up. You know, Arisa told me you were actually pretty disappointed and annoyed that last time I asked you but things got changed."

She what?! "W-wha?" 😶

"So, to make it up for you, let's go tomorrow." He smiles, turning his gaze to me. "B-but that was a month ago, it doesn't matter about my disappointment, at least you had fun—"

"Of course it matters, you're my girlfriend and I want to make you happy." Ayato tells me seriously as he cuts me off. With his serious gaze looking at me, I decided to just go along with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     That next day, it was starting to get a little cold so I decided to wear something kinda warm. I wore a scarf with a long sleeve purple t-shirt, black, short skirt with leggings and black boots. *1st one in the pic*

     On the way to meet up with Ayato-kun, there was a group of two girls which seems to be one of Hana and Yuki's minions, so basically the ones who are against Ayato and me dating

     On the way to meet up with Ayato-kun, there was a group of two girls which seems to be one of Hana and Yuki's minions, so basically the ones who are against Ayato and me dating. As I past them, they both gave me dirty glares and I heard them whispering a few words. "Look at her, thinks she's all that when she's not." One says. "I heard Harumi came back, that was Ayato-kun's first love, maybe he'll break up with her to get with Harumi. Who can ever beat a first love? Besides, Harumi's way better than Shay." The other says, then the both disappeared before I could make out what other words they were saying about me.

Their words struck me like lightning and it kept repeating in my head. Who can ever beat a first love? And I started walking slower to the meeting place where Ayato-kun had suggested. Maybe Ayato-kun will probably go back to Harumi now that she's here. Or maybe he'll start remembering about his love for Harumi and forget about me.

I shook my head in terror about all of these things. Stop it Shay, trust him. That's what Haru told you...You have to have trust. But just as the word trust came into mind, I stop in place and took my hands over my face, shaking in frustration. It's so hard though! I yell inside my head.

So all the way to the meeting place, I had Harumi stuck in my head with frustrations. Once Ayato-kun saw me, he waved and walked over to me with a cheerful smile. "Deng, you look cute. We're finally going on a date after all those months, come on, let's go." He says as he grabs my hand. Seeing him all excited after my date had gotten my frustrations fading. Maybe I can actually trust him after all. I smile to myself as I follow after Ayato-kun.

But as we kept hanging out, it seems there was more of Hana and Yuki's minions that had also come here. Ayato-kun didn't seem to notice though since he was all focused on me and the rides. I tried to do what he was doing but all those thoughts about Harumi kept coming back and the words just keeps on repeating in my head. Who can ever beat a first love? And it kept repeating the whole time I was with Ayato-kun, so I never really got to relax. We finally came to the Ferris wheel, the last ride for our date and sat down on the seats.

"Okay" Ayato-kun starts. "Tell me what's wrong." He orders. I look at him a bit surprised. "Huh?" I ask. Ayato-kun smilingly sighed and rolled his eyes. "You think I haven't noticed? I'm your best friend and your boyfriend for goodness sake. The whole day you've been pretty down and not yourself. So I was trying to get the right moment to ask you." He explains. "What's bothering you so much that you can't even relax?" His gaze was filled with seriousness and concerns. It felt so nice that Ayato-kun had noticed. I blinked a bit for a few seconds, surprised by his actions but suddenly let out a sigh.

Ayato leaned in closer, knowing that I'm about to explain my reasons. "U-um, you see...On the way here, I kinda overheard two of Hana and Yuki minions talking about you and...Harumi...A-and, they were all like, since it was Ayato-kun's first love, maybe he'll ditch Shay and go back to Harumi since first love is hard to ever forget. So, t-that's why I've been, down." I tell him with stuttering words and my eyes didn't met his gaze since I felt embarrassed to let my feelings out to him.

"So, you're basically jealous about that?" Ayato-kun guesses as he leans his back to the Ferris wheel cart wall. I was quiet for a moment. "Sorry." I whisper. "What?" He asks, wanting to repeat my words since I was too soft and he couldn't hear. "Sorry." I told him a bit louder. "For having such feelings." I apologize. Ayato-kun was quiet for two seconds. "Stupid, why would you be sorry about that?" He scoffs as he ruffles my hair. "That just shows that you really love me. Things like this always happens in relationships." He explains. I look back at him this time. "Besides, I was a bit jealous myself, about you and Yamato yesterday." He says mentioning about the Test of Courage.

"A-ah, sorry about that. I was just..."

"Yeah I know, scared." He says finishing my sentence. "It's okay. And sorry about hanging with Harumi these days, guess that kinda got you thinking didn't it?" I gave a hesitating nod. Ayato smiles at my honesty. "You know I never plan to leave you right?" He asks me. Does this mean, even when we become adults...? I look up at him surprised. "You're way to precious to me. And...to be honest with you...Harumi wasn't exactly my first love." He tells me. I look at him shock. Wha...? "Who?" I ask him.

Ayato-kun gave me a cheeky smile. "I liked you first." He answers. I blinked several times, stun by what he just said. "It was ever since middle school, but I never told you cause I thought that might've ruined our friendship and I didn't wanted that, so that's why." Ayato-kun explains. He smiles when he seems me staring at him dumbfounded. "But now that I have you, I don't ever want to let you go, and I won't let you slip away, so don't leave me either okay?"

I felt a bit of stings in my eye when I heard his words, trying to hold in my tears as I shook my head. "I'll never plan to do that. Thank you..." I told him softly. I then smile and the tears that I had been holding onto rolled down my cheeks. Seeing that, Ayato-kun chuckles and ruffles my hair. "You're so emotional, but, I guess that's one of your best features." He lets go of my head and his hands goes down to my shoulders. He leans in and I leaned in as well, and we shared a passionate kiss on top of the Ferris wheel...