Chapter 4: I Want A Loyal Friend

The demon was surprised to hear Idos' request. He justs stood staring at the nineteen-year-old with wide eyes. Even the flames on the candles flickered at his emotions. Idos was belittled by the surprise, but he didn't let that get to him.

"I want a loyal friend . . . until I feel content, happy for the first time in two years." Idos sighed. his wrist starting to receive that dull ache once the adrenaline was starting to wear off. No doubt that his casual robes were soaked by his own blood now.

"Quite the request you're asking for," The demon finally spoke, "I suppose all ages get lonely, huh? Are you sure about this? It means that I'm going to be in your life, living here, and taking your soul when it's time."

"I've never been so sure in my life." Idos proclaimed in a confident voice. He was sure that this was going to be a positive turn for his life. Once the demon had fulfilled his mission, Idos would freely go with him to the Realm of Shadows to become a citizen of light. Maybe if he was loyal enough to Cancer, he'll become a demon like a demon in front of him.

"Your words, Idos," Idos sucked in a breath, "There're many ways to seal the deal. The hardest being draining a vial of blood from you for me to keep. Then, there's the easiest, a simple kiss. I assume you know best to your accommodations."

"A kiss . . ." Interesting way to seal the deal, but it made sense. Many of the books Idos had read in the romance section of the library was always dealing with kissing when involving a demon or some kind of deal. Of course, Idos had never kissed a lady or a man before if you didn't count a kiss to the hand a real kissable interaction. Idos sighed, but it seemed like his body and mind did not care that he was about to kiss a demon.

"Still, I have to ask. Are you sure you want to make a deal with me?" The demon wasn't given the answer he was expecting, but the answer he was hoping for. Idos stomped up to the demon, minding the candles beneath his feet. Though his wrist bloody, the lord grabbed the demon's chin and brought his lips to his.

Idos began to pull away, but the demon was a little too eager to dive for more. His hands grabbed both sides of Idos' face and forced the simple kiss into a heated mess. By that, he couldn't help but embrace this. Deep down, Idos knew this kind of behavior, even this being his first kiss. It was longing. He was grabbing to something that he hadn't been able to touch, see, breathe for a long time. Idos knew exactly what that felt.

"I-I'm sorry." The demon pulled back with a little color to his face, "I got out of hand. You remind me of someone I knew."

"No need to apologize." Idos said with a small smile.

"I guess the deal is made," The demon announced before glancing down at the floor, "But I can't exit this circle until you blow out all the candles. The circles made to trap me."

Idos shook his head. Yes, it was made to trap the demon, but it was mainly for protection. He grabbed one of the lit candles to light another candle that would be their only light source after the candles were blown out. He took his time blowing out each and every one of them before the darkness overtook them, only a faint glow in the corner.

"What's your name?" Idos questioned.

"Mycarlo, but most call me Mylo." He answered. Mylo made no effort to move, almost like he was waiting for Idos' command.

"Can you help me store all of this in the sack?" Idos requested, and Mylo went straight to work to storing the candles and the griffon feathers into the sack. The young lord spotted the dagger that he had cut himself with and decided to store it in his belt. When they were finished, Idos lead the demon out into the hall, "Thank you for helping."

"No problem. That's what friends are for, right?" Mylo joked, and Idos' heart pumped inside his chest hard. He finally had a friend. He finally had a loyal friend that would be there for him. Gosh, the feeling was overwhelming but heavenly to Idos.