6:Noah

Noah huffed at his watch. There were still 20 minutes left for the class to end.

Didn't it show the exact same time thirty minutes ago?

Lifting his gaze to Mr Eric, he mentally praised him. He was relentlessly trying to teach the class about orbitals though it was certain that no one was actually listening. Still he persisted with enthusiasm.

If Noah was in his shoes, he would have burnt the class by now; with everyone in it.

Beside him, his friend Duke was in sound sleep. His twin sister sat on his other side staring very indecently at her random crush of the day. Noah couldn't help roll his eyes. He knew his sister was attractive and could get any guy sauntering on her heels but being the immature self she is, she insisted on being "the thing that can only be seen, not touched."

"It's rude to gape at someone like that." He reminded her but nothing registered on Hannah's face.

He snapped his fingers in front of her face to break her trance. His weird mind reading abilities decided to kick in and give him a glance of what she was thinking. Noah almost retched right there. Those were some really dark thoughts including a guy in his birth suit dancing with a pole.

"What?" Hannah asked, startled by the sudden snap.

"Sis you can't -" was all Noah could manage before he gagged again.

"What?!"

"You can't see him like that! Jesus, it's chemistry class! Think of nice things. Think of chemicals!"

A sheepish smile graced her face.

"You did your mind thing again didn't you?"

"Um.. maybe. And maybe I just saw... ew!"

Hannah's smile widened into a grin. "Well! It was your fault that you tried to stalk my mind." Pausing, she thought for some moment. "Can you tell me what Dakota's thinking?"

Noah couldn't help chuckling. He had anticipated this question from his sister. But as much as he wished that he could peep into everyone's minds, he couldn't do it. It was more of an involuntary action, he got one-two glances all of a sudden and then it was over. He told his sister his limitations.

Pouting she said, "What's the use in that? You can't just look at someone and wait for it to happen. You ought to exercise more with your mind thingy."

"What would I do with this thingy anyway? It's not like I am going to save the world or something."

He felt something cold on the back of his neck. the chill crept all the way down to his spine.Startled, his hand went to inspect the area when there was a sudden smooth voice. "You can do more than just save this world."

Noah's hand stopped in its tracks. "Did you hear that?" he whispered to Hannah.

"I know this is the most cliché response, but hear what?"

If Noah wasn't so perplexed, he would probably have rolled his eyes. But he was sure that he had heard something. Rubbing the back of his neck, the place where he felt the cold contact, he ensured that there was nothing there. Immediately his conscience fought with him, trying to establish that it was just a figment of his imagination. Human minds have a particular description of what's possible even when they can make up plots of fantastical worlds.

The bell rang at last.

Oh sweet god mother of ice cream!

Students slammed close their books, packed their bags and, completely ignoring the teacher's ranting about some home assignment, spilled out of the class room like blood from a mortal wound.

"This was a pretty long class!"exclaimed Noah as he and Hannah reached their lockers. The last class of the day always left him tired. It was a mystery to his teachers how he scored highest in tests.

Hannah opened the locker next to his. "Yup! And extra long for me because I had to cope up with the exhaustion of bringing your homework back."

Noah smirked."You were relaxing then right? Thinking of that guy? Dakota?"

Hannah blushed. "You have no right to decide what I choose to think!" she said dramatically.

Noah closed his locker and slung his backpack on one shoulder. The corridor was almost empty. No one in Wilson High liked staying back after they were obliged to.

A few girls sneaked glances at him and giggled. He didn't mind. In his school, he was the only guy with silver hair and purple eyes.

"Han! Come on we don't have all day!" The first thing he was gonna do after going home was ask her to bring back his boxers otherwise he would soon be in crisis.

It's so crazy! I still can't believe I have superpowers. I can only imagine the possibilities. It would be so exciting to unearth the secrets to our powers. What could actually make me look into other's minds? He was unable to form an answer.

But what the heck is Han doing?

He turned around to a strange sight. The two girls who had been giggling at him had somewhat frozen in half the gesture of a laugh. Even their hair had frozen and looked as if they were floating. He could make out the individual strands.

Then he saw Hannah. She was turning towards him, but irregularly. Like someone was constantly hitting the pause button and then again hitting play in random intervals.

Worry clouded his mind. Even though they had so many fights, Hannah was the only person he could really trust and he loved her a lot. Ignoring the growing pain in his forehead, he stepped towards her. By now she was facing him completely. It seemed as if she was about to speak.

"Why?"- she stopped again for a moment before saying,"What is happ"- "enning?"- "You are pausing!"

Noah felt relieved. At least she could talk and she sounded okay as well. "I don't know! You are pausing too! Aah"

The sudden increase in pain in his forehead caused Noah to kneel down on his knees. It was a sensation far greater than anything he had experienced in his dreams. It felt as if someone had thrust a hot poker in his forehead.

He could barely make out Hannah kneeling behind him. He knew she was in pain too. He wished that this was one of his dreams, he wished that he would wake up the next second and everything would be gone. But his head kept throbbing.

His vision clouded again as purple light flooded his vision. The same hue he had seen; it bloomed and covered every substance. As the intensity of the light slowly reduced, Noah peeked through his fingers covering his eyes.

"Noah." He heard Hannah call out. Not with fright, not with longing. It was a call filled with confusion, frustration and exhaustion.

Noah too couldn't hold back a gasp. Once again in a day he couldn't believe his eyes. It was getting exhausting now.

Even in the splitting headache, he could clearly see two men standing in front of them. No, not two. One of the men had two towering folded wings behind him; two wings that were blacker than coal tar. The other at least looked human and had silver hair similar to Noah and his sister.

Wait, what's that?

Noah noticed a white smoke-like substance floating towards them. Another wave of pain washed over Noah and he couldn't take it anymore.

"Initiate the extraction process." Was the last thing he heard before passing out.

A/n- bwahahaha *evil laughter* good cliffhanger! Bear with me now! The fun has officially begun!! You can guess who those three organisms are right? Comment your questions without hesitation!

The vote star is waiting for you to press it!