Epilogue: Am I Being Selfish? (Stop it)

Start from the beginning

"Sweetheart, are you crying?" her father murmured. The light sniffling was an enough answer and Mister Kang scooped his daughter into his arms, patting her back for comfort. However, the mere warmth of the hug brought Ji Eun more into tears, the salty liquid rolling down her cheeks in streams. "Aw, Ji Eun." Everyone closed in around the two, uttering words of encouragement and support for the crying girl, because if they don't do so, they were positive the young girl would have second thoughts about the whole thing. "It's only five months, sweetheart."

"Yeah, Eunnie, we'll throw a big, big party when you return in October!" Su Bin told her. "I'll call you every single day, so it won't even feel like we're apart, okay?"

"I'll miss you all, seriously..."

Ji Eun went ahead and gave every single person a lasting hug, tight and firm to hopefully keep her energized for her trip to the other country. Once doing so, Mister Kang began calling down a taxi. At least, to Ji Eun's relief, her father was tagging along with her to the airport. Just before a taxi would notice them, she decided she should try to call Baekhyun to see where he was.

... However, the call went straight to voicemail.

And a taxi driver finally spotted them and drove up along the curb for the Kangs. 

Ji Eun exhaled a shaky breath as the beep of the voicemail commenced. "Baek, looks like I'l have to miss you for today, I'm going to go to the airport now. If I wait any longer, then I might miss my flight. It's really okay, alright? After all, you're Byun Baekhyun of EXO. At least try to call me before I get on my flight. It'd be nice to hear your voice before I actually go. I'll leave you to your activities now, goodbye." She stopped the message right there.

It really is okay, Ji Eun.

She said her last goodbyes to her friends as her father placed her luggage into the trunk of the taxi. Stepping in, windows down, she waved frantically at them until she could barely see them in the distance. And at last, she was on her way to the airport. 

Checked in, luggage taken, nearly at the gate she had to go to, Ji Eun had to say goodbye to her father one last time. "Ah, I'm so happy and sad for my precious daughter," Mister Kang sighed as he gave his daughter yet another hug. "You better not eat only instant ramen every day. I talked to Haejin-sshi, and she promised she'll feed you properly for me."

"Appa, I'm glad you could trust your own daughter with her eating habits."

"Can I really?" With a small pout in reply to the sarcastic comment, the two Kangs let out a laugh. "Make sure you work the hardest you can, sweetheart, but it's good to always take breaks every once in a while. I would prefer not to get some random call of my daughter fainting."

Ji Eun scoffed, "I've been doing better and I have my medicine for whenever I need it."

"Good."

As the two walked further into the amazingly near-deserted airport, closer to the point that they'll have to separate ways, something caught both their attention. Two men stood nearby, all holding up paper signs with her name messily scribbled onto each one. The man that stood to the right waved at her enthusiastically and despite the very covered outfits from each man, Ji Eun knew too damn well.

She burst out into a run and attacked the right man into a crushing hug with such force that he nearly toppled over. 

"You really thought I wouldn't see you, gamja girl?" Baekhyun muffled into her shoulder with a laugh. "You are insane."