Chapter 16: Resolutions

The weeks that followed Kang Ji Eun's first date with Byun Baekhyun had been far better than she could have ever imagined.

Right after Baekhyun had dropped her off home from the date, the girl was quick to save her new pictures onto her computer. She didn't waste any time to edit all of them to her tastes. And no one would think, with the way she worked the hours away, that she hadn't been practicing her skills in a year. The concentration she held was at its maximum and not even when her father came in to check on her, did she stop.

It was just incredible motivation when her pictures will always remind her of the fantastic first date with Byun Baekhyun.

Once she had her scenic pictures fixed to their desired look, she began sending them (as well as her older prized photos) to professional Haejin.

It was just spur of the moment, she wanted to share her treasured photos to someone who would give her suitable feedback, something she haven't had for a long time. And as nervous as she was to get critiques on her work, she will just have to bare and grin it. That was the way of doing it, how else would she learn and grow?

And now, she will have to wait, since she knew the older photographer was a busy woman. The anticipation was killing her, but at least there were other things to keep her mind occupied.

Ji Eun still had her work at the restaurant eat up most of her time. This time around however, she was making the effort to learn how to cook some of the dishes served. Her new drive lead her to follow her father around the kitchen, making mental notes, slicing and dicing vegetables, adding spices, and every other thing to do. And honestly, this was the first in a long time that she'd consider work fun. If only she had been a little bit more involved, she wouldn't have thought of things the way they were.

Ji Eun felt completely happy.

And determined for once.

She had a motive, she had something to work for and get better at. Work was going okay, her passion for photography returned, and she no longer has any drama with people she's close to. She doesn't have to depend on just one thing to keep her going... But she will admit that a certain EXO member made up most of her days, even when majority of their relationship were through phone calls, video chats, and text messages.

Alive.

That was the new Kang Ji Eun.

It was a typical weekday, Kang's Kickin Chicken crew at work to take care of the lunch rush. Lately, however their restaurant had been gaining more customers than usual, not just the usual regulars that come in. Everyday has been a busy day and as much as they loved the sudden wave of income, it was sudden and tiring.

Ji Eun bustled about the building, occasionally helping her father in the kitchen and serving tables with Wook Yong. With her usual, cutesy grin on her face, she trudged through it all with ease.

It's fine, just a bit more people than usual. Nothing I can't do here.

"Hey, table for 2!" Ji Eun craned her head to the familiar voice, a smile already plastered on her face. But once she gaze fell on the source, her whole body stiffened. The sole man wasn't alone.

Jong Hoon sheepishly waved over, a plaid clad Mona clutching at his arm. The blonde woman held an unreadable expression, but Ji Eun could only guess that she was stabbing her over and over in that small brain of hers. The shorter sighed under her breath at the situation in hand but decided she might as well treat them as she usually would.