Chapter 6: Lunch Break

"What have I done?" Ji Eun murmured to herself, the brightly lit phone nestled in her hand. "How could I have allowed myself to get this far? This is insane..." The very device buzzed not even a second later after her statement. Ji Eun read the text message, laughed over the hilarious response, and sent back a witty reply of her own. Once she noticed what her thumbs have done, she groaned again, stuffing her phone into her apron pocket.

It has been weeks since Ji Eun finally texted Byun Baekhyun and they have been messaging each other nonstop ever since.

She wasn't expecting him to text her back right away. It should've taken a couple days, she thought, since he was a busy man. But no, not even ten minutes after EXO's performance on that particular music show, he had sent her a message of thanks, followed with a how have you been response. The very text appalled her. He must've been waiting to hear from her and she's got to admit that it was a nice feeling to know he was anticipating her message. She immediately had to mask her initial shock to nonchalantly reply back with Su Bin sitting right next to her.

But, god damn it, it's been weeks! What was Baekhyun doing in his life messaging a nobody like her like it's no big deal?

Right, Ji Eun thought, because it isn't. This is just him chatting with a friend, like any normal person would with another. And she saw that, she saw that the idol was just like anyone else, having fun talking to someone they just met, bonding with endless and mindless questions to answer and silly stories to share.

It was still a weird concept to wrap her mind around, but she's slowly getting used to it.

However, there was a dilemma in this friendship.

Kim Su Bin.

Just how long was she going to keep going on like this? Su Bin was her bestest friend in the world, basically her sister, and she hasn't told her anything about meeting and getting acquainted Byun Baekhyun, her ultimate bias! Ji Eun should be thrown in the depths of hell and suffer for keeping such information from the person she cherishes. She was positive that if she were in her shoes, Su Bin wouldn't hesitate to tell her about the crazy happenstance of meeting an idol Ji Eun admires. Granted, Ji Eun doesn't have any official biases to drool over like Su Bin, but it was still something to confess to only the bestest of friends.

She should tell Su Bin. She should tell her that she met him by chance, somehow someway. But to tell her they were friends after all these weeks? Ji Eun was positive Su Bin would take offense to the fact that she had kept this secret hidden away from her for this long and that could break the iron trust they had. If only it weren't Baekhyun, the one person Su Bin would do anything to meet, this would be easier to admit... She should admit the truth. Su Bin can't put it against her that her first meeting with the boy was when she was drunk out of her ass. That's valid, right? Su Bin shouldn't give her too much flack for that.

To tell the truth, lie, or not say anything at all?

Ji Eun couldn't see a good outcome out of either one she decides to pick.

"Ji Eun-noona... Noona!" The girl jolted back into reality when a hand clasped onto her shoulder. Sun Woo stared at her in amusement, seeing that she was far too gone in her little universe only seconds before. And the bewildered look on her face was hilarious. "Damn noona, is there something bothering you? I've been calling you for the past minute and you didn't notice."

"You were?" Ji Eun muttered, glancing around at her surroundings. It was the middle of the day, but since it was any boring weekday, their was slow business. She sighed, realizing that it has been her lunch break for the past five minutes. Five precious minutes gone to waste. "I'm fine, Sun Woo-yah. Thanks though."