Chapter 15: The Coffee Date

"Su Bin-ah, oh my god. I already told you that I could prepare on my own."

"Your first date with the famous idol and you don't want to doll up a little more? You're frustrating."

Flashbacks of the preparing of Su Bin's birthday came to mind, more specifically the crucial dress up process before the party. At least this time, Su Bin hadn't barged into her room without her consent, but instead just in her laptop to help prep the unready girl this Thursday night with the helpful use of skype. Ji Eun may have let it slide the last time since it was her best friend's birthday, the glitz and glamor for that day, she could understand. However, all her and Baekhyun were going to do for their date was go to a coffee shop, nothing more to it to really add on the extra fabulous.

And Ji Eun would admit, she was to blame to calling her best friend so late at night. She was clueless on what blouse to wear with her jeans and needed an opinion from an expert. But now it seemed like she was changing her whole outfit, as well as her initial hairstyle (really, it was supposed to just be her normal straight hair) and makeup (just a touch of foundation and lipgloss).

"Eunnie, c'mon, trust me. Listen to the expert," Su Bin chimed, hand to chest and a proud expression etched on her face. "Have I ever steered you wrong?" Before the short haired girl could answer, she interjected, "Wait, don't answer that."

Ji Eun rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, as she stared at the screen to her best friend. "I'm sorry, I just still... Find it a bit odd, since you know? Just having you help me like this just makes it feel like I'm stabbing you more in the back."

Su Bin's face softened. "Oh honey, really, it's okay. Your happiness comes first. I already accepted the fact that you two are crazy for each other!" The girl then began pointing over to the side, instantly confusing Ji Eun with the sudden action. "Now, try on that striped skirt, will ya? I think it'd look really cute with that navy blue blouse you have."

Who knows, being a Baekhyun stan might mean she knows his ideal style more than I do.

She went ahead and willingly obeyed her best friend and tried on the outfit combo. With Su Bin's help, the attire was completed along with thigh high socks, laced boots, and a teal coat to fight off the late night chill. The two girls bantered off for a while depending on what goes on in the head area. Begrudgingly, Ji Eun leveled up to adding some mascara a touch of eyeshadow and adding a cute headband to compliment her short locks. And she'll admit, she looked cute in her reflection.

"My work here is finished, the princess is ready to see her prince!" Su Bin quipped with a clap of her hands for a job well done. "You're cute, but now you're extra cute!"

"Yeah, yeah, now go to sleep, will ya? You have an early shift at work tomorrow."

Su Bin pouted on the screen. "I get it, I get it. I'll let you mentally prepare yourself," she sighed. "But don't you worry, just be your precious self and you're going to have fun! This is yours and Baekhyun's time so don't let the company, the fans, nor me be on your mind!" The taller girl then let out a yawn, covering it with her hand over her lips. "You're gonna have to tell me the details of the date tomorrow, alright?"

"Got it." With a final goodbye, Su Bin hung up on their skype chat. Ji Eun knew Su Bin was right when she said not to bother worrying about what others will think of her. Besides, it'd be rude and insane to be thinking about such on their very first date. Nothing was going to stop her from having a nice time out with Byun Baekhyun.