Chapter 10: And We Meet Again

"Su Bin-ah, he's a busy man. Why can't you tell me exactly what's on your mind?" Ji Eun mumbled unsurely to her best friend.

She managed to get the taller girl to come over to hang out with her after a while of pleading. The oddly quiet Su Bin concerned Ji Eun to a great extent. Since when was her best friend able to manage to not be talkative for this long? Ji Eun was beginning to miss the long talks of gossip and celebrity news they shared, even when some of it was her bashing about some girl idols she enjoyed (the ones who gotten too close to the biases.)

But now that Ji Eun gotten this opportunity to squeeze something out of Su Bin, she requested to hang out with Baekhyun and then she would tell her about what she was thinking about. This frustrated Ji Eun, because this very thing was what she wanted to avoid when she introduced her and Baekhyun. She didn't want Su Bin to take advantage of her friendship with the idol and make things so inconvenient.

Was Ji Eun being greedy for thinking this way when she knew that Baekhyun was Su Bin's ultimate bias?

There's no reason for her to be greedy.

"Come on Eunnie, it doesn't hurt to try," Su Bin begged, giving the short girl a puppy dog glance, a thing Ji Eun hated receiving the most from her. "This would help with meeting up with him, yeah?" Su Bin scrounged about in her purse and took out what looked to be a couple cards hung on lanyards. In the midst of her confusion, Ji Eun leaned forward to examine the cards. The younger's eyes bulged at its significance. "Finally won me some Music Bank passes on the radio station and I know for damn sure that EXO will be performing."

Ji Eun was rendered speechless. She guessed it was about time that her best friend won something more than just trinkets and merch. She could imagine it, Su Bin at the boutique in the middle of working and using her phone, her co-workers phones, and the store phone itself to call into the radio station to whatever number caller to win the passes. Su Bin's tenacity and determination was really no joke.

"So how about we hit Baekhyun up and let him know we're coming over? He should be able to hang a bit after the show, right?" Su Bin pressed on, handing Ji Eun the second pass.

So tempting, but she already knew how bad everything could turn out. She's still surprised how Baekhyun wasn't caught at the birthday party. She'll have to thank the wonders of alcohol for that night.

But no, Music Bank will most definitely not have alcohol and it's heavy with media. They could be simply greeting Baekhyun and their faces would be spread over the internet. She was not going to take a risk like that ever again.

Besides, she never mentioned how close she was to Baekhyun. Ji Eun never really confirmed what kind of relationship they had, just that he was someone who took pity on her. For all Su Bin knows, meeting Baekhyin and having him come to the birthday party was a once in a lifetime chance, and to never see him again. Why was Su Bin making the assumption?

"I don't know why you're asking me. I have no means to reach him," Ji Eun mumbled out the lie, hoping that Su Bin would believe it. She unconsciously scratched at the back of her neck while her friend stared her down intensely, already unraveling her and the obvious lie. Yes, it was too obvious, for goodness sakes, Ji Eun had her hand on her neck, a nervous habit she had since she was a child. Of course Su Bin could tell she was lying.

"Okay."

Ji Eun wasn't expecting that response. "Okay?"

The other girl shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, if you really say so. I should trust you, right? You wouldn't lie to me." Ji Eun felt like she should slither away in shame right about now. "Well, get ready for tomorrow. Getting a glimpse of the love of my life is better than nothing!"