Chapter 11: Supposedly Limited

"Su Bin-ah, what are you doing pretending to be Ji Eun?"

"Mmm, for kicks?"

"That's not a valid reason nor your real reason."

After with much explaining to EXO that Su Bin was in fact a friend of Baekhyun (well, he had to say that so the girl wouldn't have to be ruthlessly dragged away by security), the boys had left the two to talk on their own. For the past couple minutes of being left alone, they were silent. The situation was just so awkward and since Ji Eun wasn't here, Baekhyun didn't feel as comfortable around her as before.

And he didn't want to feel uncomfortable with the girl Ji Eun considered close. Baekhyun wanted the two of them to be fair friends too but he couldn't help but feel betrayed and disappointed. His excitement for confessing to the girl he meant by chance Valentine's night had been ruined by another who had taken her phone.

He could only imagine why she did so. Su Bin wanted to have a chance to be with him on her own as well and after finding out how close they were, this was a way to do it. But where was Ji Eun? From how this all turned out, Su Bin did this behind her best friend's back.

Maybe because she was a little obsessive of a fangirl?

Most likely.

Su Bin did claim that he was her ultimate bias.

"I promise not to be angry, Su Bin-ah," Baekhyun reassured after seeing the saddened look on her face. "I'm not angry. I just want an explanation."

Su Bin had bit down on her lip, trying to get her words to form. But it was so hard. She was so unbelievably flustered around the man, the intake of alcohol being the only thing that helped her the last time. She felt loose and calm on her birthday, but now that she was entirely sober... She couldn't stop the jitters.

And in the heat of the moment, she blurted out the only thing that seemed to matter at the moment.

"You must really like Ji Eun, right?"

Baekhyun blankly stared at her, both speechless and appalled. He could feel how hard of a blow it would must be for her.

The boy she invested so much of her love to... Liked her best friend, the one she trusts the most in the world.

He knew damn well how heartbreaking that must be.

And his reluctance to answer Su Bin was answer enough.

"Can I ask why?" The girl cautiously asked. "What made you fall for her?"

The list would be never ending, Baekhyun was sure of that.

Whenever he talks or even thinks of Ji Eun, his whole day seemed brighter. Her blunt attitude was what attracted him in the first place, despite the drunken state. And not even soon after, he unintentionally seen more raw, genuine sides of the short haired girl. She was hardworking, down to earth, sweet, and caring, as well as sensitive and someone who would rather reserve herself from the world than to let anyone show her flaws. But Baekhyun had seen them all and he still accepts her wholeheartedly.

Before he knew it, he's been falling harder for her each day. Everything about Kang Ji Eun pulls him in and at this point, he won't be able to push him away.

No matter what, he wants to always be there for his Gamja girl.

After much contemplating on what to say, Baekhyun smiled at her and replied, "Just everything." He then slightly bowed at her. "I apologize that it came to this, Su Bin-ah. I hope you don't end up hating Ji Eun nor me." Just as he looked back up at the girl, he caught the tears rolling down her cheeks. "Su Bin-ah..."