Chapter Ten: Droppings Off

Usually, on Saturdays, you would sleep in the whole day. Maybe read a book or catch up on your favourite drama. That wasn't the case for the group of girls, as they had to go work. Ronnie had the same trouble with waking Sam and Amy. The rest had gotten up with a few groans about it being Sunday.

You always have that one person who takes long in the bathroom and that was usually Medina, who was probably thinking about her life choices. Amy had violently knocked on the door, ordering Medina to hurry up. Amy was soon going to walk off when she heard the doorknob, rattle. "What took you so long" Amy shouted, watching Medina step out the bathroom.

"Good morning to you too," Medina said, chuckling while walking past Amy, in her towel, showing her smooth collar bones. Amy watched her walk past until she was out of sight.

"Are you going to enter the bathroom or lust over Medina?" Poppy said, smirking confidently against the side of the wall. Soon Amy had stepped closer to threaten Poppy but Poppy had scurried off as soon as Amy had turned her way. Amy happily smiled at herself ability to intimidate people without uttering a word and walked into the bathroom

After everyone had gotten ready, they all sat down for breakfast.

"Why do we even have to work" Medina mumbled. "How do you think we're going to pay the rent and the food were currently eating," Ronnie said, her mind going back to all the bills they would soon have to pay.

"Aren't you hungry, Poppy?" Emily asked, who saw that she was only eating two pieces of toast. "No, not really," Poppy said, biting into her toast. "Bullshit," Ronnie said, getting up and placing two sausages and one fried egg on her plate. Poppy was going to refuse, the added food that was forced onto her plate, but she had made eye contact with Ronnie's stare. Poppy took a whole piece of sausage into her mouth and smiled with her mouth closed to emphasise her satisfaction to Ronnie.

The breakfast on the table, only lasted 20 minutes as Sam and Kim had a competition of who can eat the most food on the table. The competition ended when Amy, had smacked Sam and Kim for eating like pigs. 

Ronnie had defended the two younger girls by stating that Amy should leave her kids alone and shouldn't bother them if they wanted to eat her delicious food.

Amy retorted saying that she shouldn't curse herself by calling the two, her kids. They both stuck their tongue out childishly and Amy swore she was sitting in between two 5-year-olds.

After, fussing out of the house. They had all gotten into the car and Ronnie was currently driving Emily to work. "What if I break someone's car," Emily said, nervously, sighting the petrol station. Ronnie rolled her eyes and stopped the car. She turned to face Emily before smiling to her softly. "I promise, you won't break someone's car. You're the smartest person, I've ever met. Just do your best, okay" Ronnie said, caressing Emily's cheek.

Emily had smiled back in reassurance and gotten out the car, slamming the door a little too hard. Everyone in the car winced as they had felt the pressure of the poor door. "Are you sure she's not going to break anything?" Amy said, raising her eyebrows at Ronnie. Ronnie scoffed before replying an "Of course, she's going to break something, but would she go to work, if I told her that".

Emily entered the store and met a man leaning against the counter. "Hi. I'm Emily" She said, with high confidence. "Yeah, you're the girl that's desperate for a job, "the man said, lifting his head.

"Well, I wouldn't say desperate, but yeah" Emily replied, cursing internally for her sense of pride.

"Well, you better get going. Your shift starts now" the man said, removing himself from the counter to give Emily space. "Alright," Emily breathed out reminding herself to do her best.

Ronnie was dropping off a sleeping Amy to the pizza store. "Wake up, Amy," Medina said, gently tapped Amy on the cheek. Amy grumbled and stepped out of the car cursing loudly. Kim was sure Amy was ageing too quickly, as she got snappier each day.

She entered the store with a scowl on her face. She explained to one of the staff that, she was supposed to start her first day at the pizza place. The boy had simply given her a jacket that had their pizza logo, keys to a little scooter and box of pizza with a receipt attached to it, stating the address.

Amy had just smiled and the boy swore he had never seen such, aggressiveness in a smile before.

Next to be dropped off was Kim. Kim was rambling to a laughing Sam about how much candy she was going to buy and how she would save kids from evil vegetables that threaten to enter parents baskets.

When Kim had been brought to the convenience store, she gladly skipped her way inside, smiling as if it was just another happy day. Ronnie was kind of glad, Kim wasn't the moaning type.

When Kim entered the store, she saw a guy ordering Jasmine to stack some products onto a shelf. The same who humiliated her on her first day. Nevertheless, Kim ignored the fact that Jasmine was working in the same place as her. She guessed the guy that was ordering Jasmine was the manager. She introduced herself and luckily the manager has just given her the task to stack products, on an opposite side to Jasmine.

Ronnie was on her last trip as she was dropping off Sam, Medina, and Poppy to the restaurant. "How are you feeling, " Sam said, noticing Medina had been quite along the ride. "Tired but okay" Medina, replied honestly. Sam did her little bunny smile and Medina smiled back; honest, Sam's smile was enough to calm her down, especially when having stressing thoughts.

Having arrived, Medina and Poppy both waved goodbye and Sam smiled mischievously at Ronnie, who gave her 'you better behave' look.

The restaurant was posh and had a lavish chandelier above each table. Sam had first looked at the food, people were eating and it all was the rich cliché type. A lot of salad with rice and a small piece of steak or chicken. It was probably was expensive as hell.

Sam would never have a date in a restaurant like this as she would think her date was trying, to give her an indication that she needed to lose weight. 

She would probably have her date in fast food or a buffet. People, who weren't shy to eat, were people who weren't shy to be themselves in public. 

A staff member who looked baffled at the fact that there were three girls, standing in front of the entrance, staring at the place in awe, finally came and asked if they needed help.

"We've been recruited to work here," Sam said, standing straight as if she was the mature one, out of the three. The man suddenly nodded his head as if remembering something. "Which one's 15-year-old," the man said, as he eyed them all but kept his gaze longer, on Poppy and Sam. Poppy was the shortest of the group, so sometimes, people would assume she was the youngest. However, Sam had a baby face that would give out the fact she was the youngest, despite nearly being tall as an 18-year-old.

"I am," Sam said, her pride narrowing as she was shown to the staffroom and given her bunny costume. She walked glumly past the customer's stares and stood at road away from the restaurant, handing flyers to customers.

"You two can switch days on whether you would like to serve dishes or wash dishes," the man said, between the two girls. Poppy decided to start the first day by washing up and Medina would be the waitress

Ronnie had driven her to the flower store humming to the song on the radio. She entered the shop and smiled at the old lady who was watering the flowers on the display shelves. She whiffed the relaxing aroma of lavender and put her apron on. Ronnie wasn't sure of the others, but she knew her first day was going to go, just fine.