Chapter Seven: Confident Shit

Kim continued to slyly watch the girl next to her and started to note her reactions to actually confirm if this girl was actually being abused. Kim noticed her eyes never stayed still, her eyes would move around with fear as if she was waiting for something, to pounce on her. 

"Are you okay" Kim whispered, keeping a level eye contact with the girl. The girl stared at Kim with a wide-eyed expression before looking away from her. She wasn't surprised as she knew she wasn't going to get the girl to spill her darkest secret from just a simple, 'Are you okay'. She knew she had to befriend this girl and gain her ultimate trust and after seeing how frightened this girl was, she knew she to befriend her quick.

Kim understood it was going to be a hard task. If she was being abused as she suspected, then this girl would most likely push her away. It was a common thing for abused victims to do, it simply wasn't a fear of being used or played.

It was the fear of getting too comfortable with being used. 

-------------------------------------------

The bell rang for lunch time bringing an exhausted Amy through the cafeteria doors. "I should've ditched maths," Amy said, collapsing herself to the nearest chair available. Amy had already started to hate her new school, all because of one math question. 

"It wasn't that bad," Medina said, getting an apple out of her bag. Amy just groaned at Medina's comment. "You've probably got the same traits as an old grouchy Grandma," Medina said, biting into her apple. "But you still, love me," Amy said, lifting her head from the table to look at Medina with a pout. Medina rolled her eyes, grinning. 

It was obvious to the group that Amy became a big softy when it came to Medina. Amy didn't like people who would cry or constantly need to be comforted, because it was tiring, but when it came to Medina, she would endlessly remind her that she would always need her. At first, Amy had thought it was the fact that Medina had become the first person to ever fully want to be her friend but she realised it was more than that. She had fallen in love with the person who saved her. 

Soon Emily had joined along with Ronnie. "How is it, I've heard rumours that you're in a gang, " Emily said, to Amy who's, head was resting on the table. When it came to Amy, Emily would hear the most absurd rumours.  

"The teacher asked me in maths if I wanted to join the dance team, " Amy said, her face scrunched as if the question was scandalous. Ronnie nodded her head, indicating that Amy should carry on. 

"I had simply said that the question was irrelevant to the subject. It was like me asking my friends, whether they wanted to join a church choir in a gang meeting" Amy said, trying to point out where her teacher had gone wrong. Emily had simply laughed at Amy's thinking. This was the exact reason why Emily found Amy entertaining to be in a lesson with. 

Ronnie looked at Medina as if; she was questioning her presence during this incident. "Hey. I can only prevent her wrongdoings, not her wrong-sayings" Medina said, putting her hands in the air ready to reel herself into defence mode. Medina didn't know why everyone had expected her to control Amy. Sure, she could convince her to be nice every now and then, but that didn't mean she could change her personality. 

Kim had crept behind Medina and placed her hands in front of Medina's eyes.

"Hello, Kim," Medina said, already knowing Kim's hand shape. Kim had giggled merrily and sat down in one of the seats. "How was your day anyway," Amy asked, Kim, her eyebrows furrowed, as if, waiting to hear about the next victim she was going to have to fuck up. "It was okay," Kim said, rather hastily, as she wanted to drop the subject.

Amy could see straight through the façade and was about to ask Kim, what really happened and who she had to fuck up, but Poppy had plopped herself onto the table after rejecting Milo's offer to sit on his table. Medina's eyes widened as she took a look at the boy who was demanding that Poppy should sit with him. He had brown eyes that sparkled, it was the kind of eyes, girls usually fell for. The smirk plastered on his face made him seem arrogant. The fact that Poppy was communicating with him was strange. He really didn't look her type.

"Who's your friend," Emily asked, Poppy. 'His name's Milo and he isn't my friend" Poppy said before they others get the wrong impression. "Really. It didn't seem that way as he keeps begging you to sit next to him" Kim said, not really believing what Poppy said.

"Wait, his name is Milo" Amy asked. Poppy nodded while Amy and Emily glanced at each other before laughing. 

"A fuck boy called Milo. What a world" Amy wheezed, slapping the table. "Isn't that a name from Tweenies?" Medina said, not able to believe someone was able to call their child after a Tweenies character. "His parents don't love him," Ronnie said, shaking her head in disbelief.

Poppy looked in Milo's direction before clicking her tongue. "Trust me; he probably just wants me in his bed," Poppy said, not understanding how people would want to be in his company never mind his bed. "I hope the boy; Sam's bringing to our table doesn't want her in his bed too," Kim said, looking at Sam's direction.

Everyone at the table nearly snapped their necks trying to get a look at Sam, only to see her giggling with a boy a little taller than her. "At age fifteen, she can hoe around better than all of us put together," Amy said, shaking her head in disbelief. Sam sat at the table grinning at the others. "Confident little shit" Kim mumbled, under her breath, but smiled as she was proud of her little girl getting someone so easily.

"Um.... I'll be going then" Leo said, to Sam not making any eye contact with her friends.

"Sit" Amy ordered, keeping her eyes on Leo. Leo looked at his friends, who were sitting with Leah and her posse, staring at him with disbelief. Although not confirmed, it felt like his friends were pissed off with him. He then looked at his brother who was staring at him with a confused expression far away from the girl's table. 

He debated whether he should run or try and find a way out of sitting with them but with the dark eyes that looked like they were going to drag him to hell if he tried to defy their orders, he knew he had no other choice

He gulped before sitting down in the chair and looked at the six girls that smiled at him sweetly as if they were going to interrogate him.

"I'm fucked" was all Leo thought.