chapter five

Wednesday, October 19. 5:28pm.

Dear Journal,

It was worse than yesterday. I couldn't find her anywhere.

I went to visit her at home. I knocked on the door, and her mother answered. When I told her my name, and that I was looking for Vanessa, she told me that Vanessa wasn't home. Her eyes had gotten narrow, and she had closed the door immediately after telling me Vanessa wasn't home. But I knew Vanessa was home. Her car was parked in the driveway.

She was avoiding me.

Everyone in school had been looking at me. Staring, more like it. Like I was a bad guy. I got glares from the guys and disgusted looks from the girls. They all held a wariness in their eyes. Like I did something wrong.

It was everything that had been on Facebook. They all believed that stupid website. None of them know the truth. None of them. Only Vanessa and I know the truth. Except she's acting like she doesn't. She's acting like everything that was online is true.

That's the worst part really. The two of us are the only ones who know the truth, and she's been completely twisting it.

I'm not a bad guy. Vanessa's my everything. I wouldn't hurt her. Everything about her is perfect for me. I need her in my life. Without her, it isn't complete. She's my everything.