Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Days passed by with nothing new happening. The boys little break for getting me settled and for the holidays was over. During the weekdays, the boys would head to the recording studio to work on new songs or go to meetings with management to plan tours and concerts. Occasionally, I would go with them to the studio, but I never dared go with them to management. To be honest, management scared me, even though I had never met any of the people who were management.

The boys would sometimes come home after work looking tired and stressed out. Usually I would have dinner on the table for them by the time they got home. There faces would light up at the sight of home cooked meals as they ate quickly.

My days were quite the opposite. I usually would wonder around town or head to the local bookstore to spend my days reading. I was noticed that often, because I was so experienced at blending in with the background. I didn't even need a hat or sunglasses. I usually came home excited to see the boys when they came home. I thought about getting a job just for the weekdays to give me something to do, and to make a little money. But I'm a fairly lazy person and wasn't exactly super excited to have to work. Plus, the boys wouldn't have a home cooked meal to come home to at the end of the day.

It was a Thursday, so the boys should be coming home a bit early. I had already started dinner, which was chicken, potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce. I was reading a magazine and eating an apple as I heard the door open and footsteps echo in the front hall. I heard them talking and laughing, which was usual on a Thursday. They had Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays off, unless they were called in for an emergency. But that rarely happened.

"Jackie?" Louis called out.

"In the kitchen!" I yelled back while taking another bite out of my apple.

Louis came walking in and looked at me before looking over at the oven. His eyes lit up as he saw the chicken in the oven. He came over and kissed me on the forehead.

"Hello, love." He said before walking towards the living room where all the other boys had gone.

I started reading about Taylor Swifts new song. I didn't care that her and Harry had a bad history. Sorry Harry, but I still like her and her songs. I propped my feet up on the table and took another bite from my apple. I heard the television turn on as the boys talked and laughed some more. I smiled to myself just thinking about spending the weekend with the boys. I got really bored when they weren't around.

The timer on the oven dinged and I put my magazine down to go take the chicken out. I pulled it out and out it on the stove before setting the table. I also poured everyone's drinks, because I knew what everyone liked. I have done this many times.

"Dinner is ready!" I yelled to the boys.

They all rushed into the kitchen and sat at their normal places at the table. They all immediately dug into the food as I finished my apple and threw it away. I sat at the counter reading my magazine and drinking my root beer.

"Why aren't you sitting with us?" Liam asked as I looked over to see all the boys staring at me.

"I don't know." I said as I shrugged.

Truth is I just wanted to give them some space. I felt like I was clingy and would always stay by their sides when they weren't at work. I never thought they would give me back now, but I still had worries they would get sick of me. I didn't want them too, because I would be heartbroken if they ever gave me up.

The boys looked at me suspiciously like they knew something was up. I looked back to my magazine before my eyes could give me away.

"It's obvious something's wrong." Harry said.