Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Louis woke me up the next morning around eleven o'clock. The interview was at twelve-thirty, so we needed to leave in about fifteen minutes. I went downstairs and had some breakfast before changing and walking out to the car. Once we got there, we were ushered into dressing rooms. I ended up in white skinny jeans, a navy blouse, and navy flats. My hair was curled and make up done. I walked down the hall to meet the boys by the stage. They were all there talking with who I'm guessing was the interviewer. I walked over and stood next to them.

"There you are, Jackie." Liam said as he turned around and saw me. "This is David. He's going to be the one interviewing us."

"Nice to meet you." He said.

"Nice to meet you, too." I replied.

A crew member then came over and told David he had two minutes to show time. David then left and walked on stage. The show started and we were first up.

"Here with me today, the boys of One Direction along with Liam's foster sister and Louis's girlfriend, Jackie Corbett!" David said as we walked on stage.

We all sat down on the couch. We couldn't all fit, so Harry and Zayn had to sit on the arms of the couch.

"It's great to have you all here today." David said.

"It's great to be here." Zayn replied.

"It was a last minute thing, so I'm sure you have something you want to tell us." David said.

"We don't have anything to tell, rather we have something we want to talk about." Harry answered.

"We're all listening, so go ahead." David said.

"Yesterday, we found out Jackie was receiving a lot of hate. We just wanted to ask our fans to please stop. Words can hurt, and Jackie is having a tough time adjusting to living here with us. It's especially hard with having people bring her down." Liam said.

"By hurting Jackie, you're hurting us. She is our family and its really hard to see her struggle with this." Niall added.

"It's really hard seeing the one you love hurting." Louis said. "She's my girlfriend and whatever hurts her, hurts me."

"Do you have anything to say Jackie?" David asked.

"Going with what Liam said, it is really hard adjusting to the famous life. It's even harder with people attacking me. I just wish people could see how much their words can hurt someone. But it helps to have people who care and support me. The boys have helped me to adjust a lot, and I don't think I could've done it without them." I answered.

"You are a really nice girl and I'm sorry you have to go through this." David said. "That's all we have time for."

"Thanks for having us, David." Louis said.

"It was a pleasure having you." David replied.

The boys and I walked off stage while David continued his show. Louis had his arm around me as we walked outside to the car. We didn't bother getting changed. We drove home and went inside. For the most part we were silent. I think we were all silently praying the fans understood what we meant.

A couple hours later, we were all just sitting around the house. Niall and Louis were playing FIFA, Zayn and Liam were playing pool, and Harry was playing pinball. I decided to go to the music room for a little bit. As I had said before, my dad taught me to play the piano, but I haven't played in six years. My dad was actually really big into music. He could play a lot of instruments. I had only learned guitar and piano.