Chapter Nine (Part One)

I arrived at the beach shortly after and waited for Lauren. I couldn't wait to be in her presence again. She makes me feel like i can be myself and i like that.

"Hey stranger" I heard her raspy voice speak immediately causing me to smile.

"It's been so long remind me who you are again" I joked making her giggle. She looked different. Lauren looked happier than the last time I saw her.

"Are we at the hugging stage or not yet?" She asked looking at me curiously. I shook my head. Hugging people made me feel weird and uneasy you have to wait for me to hug you or i'll freeze up and most likely never speak to you again. "So what's new" Lauren said as we started walking down the beach.

"Not much, I nearly got fired the other day, I had to present a poem about my life to the entire class which wasn't so bad I didn't have a panic attack so that's good" I stated with a small smile whilst Lauren sat there with her mouth slightly agape.

"Wait, am I dreaming or did you just say more than 5 words to me" She said still faking shock. I slapped her lightly on the arm earning yet another giggle from her. "Im proud of you though, not the nearly getting fired part but the poem part. Can I read it?" She asked her voice quiet almost as if she was nervous to ask.

"Yeah just not right now it's in the car and I cant be bothered" I said looking at the water. It looked so tranquil. But looks can be deceiving. "What about you?" I asked curiously.

"I broke up with Luis" Lauren spoke with a small smile like she was proud of her decision.

"How do you feel about it" I questioned intrigued to find out more.

"Good actually, I feel like a weight has been lifted. I don't have to pretend anymore. Im happy" She said looking at me. After we both sat in silence for a while just looking at the sea. Admiring the view. I caught Lauren looking at me a few times in the corner of my eye.

"Would you ever date a girl?" She blurted out of nowhere making me go bright red. "I mean I just thought we could continue truth and that was the first question that popped into my head" Was that a lie?

"I never really thought about it. I mean I guess if the right person came along" Well I lied too. The truth is I had been thinking about Lauren and I a lot and if anything could happen. If I was going to be with anyone I would want it to be her. Lauren nodded at my response and again we sat in complete silence.

"It's getting late and I gotta go" She spoke standing up holding out her hand to help me up which I gladly took. "I'll see you soon though? Like maybe tomorrow? I can come by Ninja style" I laughed at the memory and accepted her offer. We said our goodbyes and parted ways.

**
"Y/N open the door" A voice slurred banging on the window. "Oops it's a window not a door, but if you can get in it is it still a door" They carried on rambling to themselves it sounded like Lauren but why was she speaking so weirdly. I reluctantly got out of bed and opened the window seeing a completely wasted Lauren.

"What the fuck are you doing here it's 4 in the morning" I groaned slightly pissed off that she woke me up.

"I missed you" She said struggling to stand still. I rolled my eyes and pulled her into my bedroom.

"Be quiet my mum is sleeping" I told her sternly.

"Will you kiss me?" She said getting down on one knee. Isn't this what you do when you propose? Not ask for a kiss. "Y/N I like you a gigantic much and I want to kiss you" Her words still slurred. I stared at the intoxicated girl hoping she would get up, lay down and go to sleep but nope she carried on staring at me her trying to stay still but failing.

"Lauren get up and just lay down and let me sleep please" I asked trying to sound annoyed but seeing her like this right now it was adorable.

"Not until you kiss me" She hiccuped then erupted into fits of laughter. "Did you hear that hiccup Y/N they're so cute like hiccup" She said imitating a hiccup. God she's so cute. I walked over to her helping her up and our faces were inches apart.

"Kiss me" Lauren whispered.