Chapter Six

"Y/N you're late" My manager Mark said as i walked into work 10 minutes late. He always got really pissy when people were late unless your name was Sarah who I'm sure he was secretly seeing. I mean whenever she came into work like an hour late he would always be like 'don't worry about it are you okay?' but not with me he'd always have a go at me it really annoyed me.

"Sorry there was traffic" Lie, I woke up late but he doesn't need to know that.

"Mhm you're needed on tills i'll check you in and you can stay a little late tonight" He said before walking to the back of the store. I really didn't like him. He always acted like he was better than everyone else and it bothered me. Everyone is human so why do people think they're better than others? But nevertheless I listened to him and got straight to work hoping it went quick so I could see Lauren again.

The day was going quick until I saw someone who looked awfully familiar. Not like I knew them personally but like I had seen them multiple times in pictures. Weird. The man came to my till to pay and for some reason it made me feel uneasy.

"You alright" I whispered because I had to be as nice as possible. To be honest I didn't care if he was okay or not. "is that all?" I said after scanning the items.

"No my daughter should be here hold on a second" he replied before pulling out his phone and calling someone. I glanced to my right to see my mum standing with Clara she noticed me and smiled before all the colour in her face drained. They both started making their way over to my till my mum walking slower than Clara. "Finally Jen the lady was waiting for us" The man said to a girl who looked about my age.

"Sorry" The young girl said politely.

"Its not a problem don't worry" I smiled before scanning her items.

"Joseph" I heard my mums voice speak. It sounded like she wanted to break down right there which confused the shit out of me. She never really breaks down in front of people. But she seemed to know the man.

"Eleanor" The man who I'm guessing is Joseph spoke. Well it seems like he knows my mum. This was weird. I didn't know whether to tell him his items came to $87.50 or just wait until they had whatever moment they were having.

"Mum you okay?" I spoke causing the man to look at me and my mum to nod.

"Y/N this is your dad" Yikes. The fuck? This is the man that left my mum when she was pregnant with me? This was the man that ruined my mothers life? What a prick.

"I don't have a dad. That'll be $87.50" I responded coldly. Joseph's face dropped and I looked at the girl he was with and she looked shocked. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly agape. He gave me a hundred dollar bill telling me to keep the change before grabbing his bags and rushing out of the store. Clara looked so confused. She didn't know what to do. "Mum are you okay" I said again.

"Yes, I came to tell you I'm going out tonight with Clara and uhm there's money on the side for dinner or something. I really need to go see you tomorrow Y/N" My mum rambled before walking away. Clara smiled sympathetically whispering bye to follow my mum. That was so weird. Now I can definitely call him a dick. His 'daughter' looked the same age as me and looked exactly like him but he couldn't stay around for me?

"Y/N get back to work" Mark whispered as he walked past me not wanting to cause a scene for the customers. But again I complied and got back to working.

**

After my shift had finished I went home and took a long shower to think everything through. I didn't want to care so much about it. But it wasn't fair. He and my mum had been together for 3 years he got her pregnant and couldn't face it so he left. But he had another daughter? I hate him even more than I already did. Once I finished I got out and got changed I sat on the sofa deciding to watch the 100 because lets face it I had nothing better to do. Plus theres really good looking girls in it, I mean Clarke, Octavia and Lexa? Oh and you can't forget Raven. Halfway through the episode I heard a noise come from upstairs. This is it im going to die today. I didnt even get to see if Clexa date. Why does god hate me.

"Y/N" I heard a husky voice whisper. Lauren. Oh yeah Laurens coming over to have a girls night. Wait a girls night? shit im too awkward for this.

"Im downstairs" I shouted to the girl. When lauren appeared she was dressed in all black. She had a black hoodie on black jeans and black boots. "If someone saw you, you know they're gonna call the police you look like a burglar" I laughed causing lauren to look down at her choice of clothing.

"No one saw me. Im a ninja" She said ducking down holding her arms out in the 'Ninja pose' "And hey you spoke more than like 4 words were getting somewhere" Lauren laughed and jumped over the back of the sofa sitting on it. "Told you" she said getting closer to me "Ninja" Lauren whispered making me giggle at her immaturity.

"You're such a dork Lauren" I smiled "but Clarke and Lexa are about to kiss so shush" and with that we both kept quite and concentrated on the TV.

**

"There's no way you've never been in a relationship" We were currently in the middle of truth.

"I'm serious, i don't have time for that. plus" i looked around before leaning closer to Lauren and whispering "I'm too socially awkward to date anyone but don't tell anyone I told you that" I finished causing Lauren to laugh.

"Nah you're cool when you let people in. You're like a different person . More confident, funny and you care" she replied before quirking an eyebrow.

"I don't care what are you talking about" I rolled my eyes pushing Lauren playfully. "I saw my dad today" I whispered caught by Lauren to stop laughing abruptly. "I've never hated someone as much as I hate him" I don't know what made me want to tell Lauren all of this but I did. It felt nice to tell someone. Lauren looked like she had no idea what to say probably because I'd never spoken about my dad before and probably because i'd never opened up to her either.

"I'm sorry" she whispered looking at me Lauren's eyes dropped to my lips and I realised what was about to happen.

(A/N 😊😊😊😊😊😊 sorry for delayed updates. This year is the most important/ stressful year with uni coming up and stuff (I got accepted into my Fave uni aye) vote and comment babes 🙃)