Chapter 5. Tale of two worlds.

William had a discernible quality, he made everything sound important, he himself seemed important, his eyes were tired, but the rest of him seemed detemined to continue. This man had been closely watching Leon for 32 years, his whole life was devoted to having him accept the 5DG assignment, however he felt he needed to tell them all he kew, even if it meant giving him the chance to find reasons not to help them, Agartha's future and the Earth future both depended on that help. His stare seemed to go beyond the room, perhaps al the way to Agartha, his voice deep and serious, both Katherine and Leon knew he was avoiding direct eye contact, they did not care they just listened.

-People in Agartha have been very prolific, we eliminated the need for money, and set up a different type of economy, everyone gets what they need, so long as they make something useful for society. This type of system might seem perfect and utopic, but is far from it, some people need to feel superior, they need to feel that they can have what others can´t, the equality of our world is hell to them.

-For the longest time, a bunch of them had been coming to Earth, and influencing history here to ensure there is always power unbalance, most of these agents are not big players on Earth, they just seem to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right word, they call them “steerers”.  You will never see their names of history books, or even heard of the words they said, they just insert a doubt or a thought with subtelty.

They spread rumors, and are behind a lot of conspiracy theories, they have been herding humanity to its doom.

William stood up, and walked towards a window, he seemed to be looking troght it, although that was impossible, he probably wanted some more distance between him and his audience, he continued.

-The world economic system, the governing clasess, everything is being quesioned now, a few of the steerers have been inserting themselves in the right positions, at the right time they will save the world, and receive the power they want, all of this has to happen before the big fold, when in their new positions of power they will be able to use earth's weapons and man power to force their power on Agartha too, there has not been war on our world for centuries, and our population is relatively small, our governors won´t risk a war, and will give up without a fight.

-This people know our mission, that is why we had to scramble all information, and avoid any particular cell from knowing all the information, but in order to stop them we need to unscramble everything now, and will become vulnerable. To succeed we need to decrypt the information of the six symbols, and several efforts must be made simultaneously to avoid the events that will take place, but they will try to stop us.

To make matters worst, we have to go after some people who are becoming very influential, a try to stop seemingly good actions, so the Earth people will not be on our side. Most of the simulation branches predict nothing good for the members of the six cells, but if we do nothing, we will end up living under a tirany that will be able to perpetuate itself for centuries.

With those words William turned to them, and stared at their faces for the firs time,  he finally looked directly at Leon, and said.

-I know what I just said may be very confusing, but without you there will only be five cells, and everything will be lost, all cells are equally important, but only the six together will succeed.

Leon´s toughts raced trough his mind at a pace that made it difficult to focus, he knew that William believed that what he said was the truth, but, Was it?, How did he know they weren´t been manipulated, al of them, even William; Were they really asked to join the right side?

Information was scarce, he could not discern reality just yet, but it seemed to him that given what he knew in his heart to be true, it was a greater risk to do nothing, he needed to get in the middle of this game to understand it fully, and decide by himself what was right. He looked at Katherine, and realized that she had been wating for him to come back from his thoughts, he knew her expression, she relized he had come to a conclusion.

-What do you think? – She asked, what she really meant was, What´s your decision?.

-I know Agartha is real, I know what we saw from the past was real, my father trusted William, and loved me, and there seem to be no inmediate danger on saying yes. Is there enough room for us to take decisions before the point of no return? - This last question he directed to William.

-You are just like your father – he sounded proud – you have to see in all directions before deciding what  your sourroundings look like, I respect that. Yes before we do anything compromising, or anything that puts us in inmediate danger we should have enough time.

-Then count me in, and I'll let you know if I have doubts – Leon said, making sure William knew he planned to be transparent.

-Katherine? - William asked, knowing he didn´t need to add anything else to his question.

Katherine knew were her heart was, and she knew Leon well enough to understand that his decision was logic, based on what he though was reliable information, she will trust him, she will put her life in his hands, but unlike Leon, the lonely guy who had nobody she needed to take into consideration her mother and sister, she wasn´t going to just disappear from their lives, they were too important for her to do that to them.

-Is this an underground operation, will I have to cease contact with my family?

-At first you will be able to come and go normally, you will have to resign your job, and of course explain that, anyway you want to them. Eventually you will have to choose between them and the mission. - William responded, the last phrase being dramatically more serious than the previous ones.

-I´ll stick around – She said after a pause – but you have to let me know when the time for choosing comes, I want it to be my decision.

-I would not have it any other way – William assured her.

Then is settled – Katherine said in a more joyful tone – we now work for you, boss!

William looked at them, one final time, shook hands, and finally told them.

-I will be staying here, you don´t have to, next time you will meet the rest of the cell members, go home and rest, I'll get in touch with you soon. You will know is us.

On the way to Leon´s building Katherine and Leon shared some thoughts, and talked about the events at Max´s, everything felt somehow unreal, everything seemed to elaborate, like the biggest conspiracy theory, which they both hated. But there was Agartha, and the train station, and the memories on Leon's mind that told him that was real, that was once his home, those were his real parents, and for some obscure reason, his father knew he had to get involved, so Leon knew when he was opening to Katherine that it was the first time in his life his decisions were not based purely on fact, it was like deciding between to cells in mine sweeper when the logic told you any one of them was safe while the other one surely was a mine, soon they would have to step into one of them and see if it exploded, but somehow, it didn´t feel like a game to them.