♡Mute♡

Ciara

“Nice to finally see you again” Somebody said behind me. I was in the girls’ bathroom just because I didn’t wanna hear what the teacher had to say. It was only 1st period.  

I turn around and roll my eyes. “The feeling’s not mutual”

She rolled her eyes and got in my face. “Didn’t I tell you to stay away from Chresanto?”

I laugh sarcastically. “How can I stay away from somebody I love? What part of he don’t want you don’t you understand?”

“He doesn’t love you, he loves me” She flipped her hair.

“Whatever you say, Justice” I said. “Why can’t you just leave us alone?”

“Because he’s mine. He’s dating the wrong girl. What does he find in you anyway? You ugliest girl on Earth”

“Thanks!” I exclaim with a fake smile. “Now, move. You’re in my way”

I bumped her shoulder and walk out the bathroom. I don’t have time for this. She must really wanna get her ass beat again. I walk in the classroom and sat next to Chris, where I usually sit.

“Chres, why are they looking at me?” We walk inside the cafeteria. People have been staring at me at all day. Like, what did I do?

“I should be asking you that” He replied.

“I don’t know, they’ve been staring at me all day”

We sat on our regular table and we started eating. Well, they started eating. I wasn’t really hungry. I’m too irritated.

When lunch was over, Chres walked me to my 6th period which was Chorus. When he left, I walk inside the classroom.

“Are you Ciara?” This girl with red hair and a slim body asked me.

“Uh, who’s asking?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Hayley,” She answered.

“Yeah, I’m Ciara. Why?” I cocked my head to the side.

“Well, everyone’s talking about you”

“I’m aware of that. Do you know why?”

“Something about Justice wanting to jump you”

“Ahh,” I nodded. “Justice and who?”

“Um, it’s Justice, Mariah, and Diamond”

Who the fuck are these people? Mariah and Diamond? What?? “So, she figured she can’t handle me on her own, so she decided to jump me with her little bitches. Interesting.” I said to myself.

“What?”

“Oh, nothing. But, thanks for letting me know”

She smile. “You welcome”

“Um, did she tell you what time or place?” I ask her.

“No, she just told everybody that she’s gonna jump you for stealing her boyfriend” She shrugged.

I laugh sarcastically. “She’s hilarious”

Even if she win the fight, I’m still not gonna let her have Chresanto. Come on, its 3 over 1. Of course they’re gonna win.

I ran my hand through my hair and sigh. “She’s just not gonna leave me alone, is she?”

I stayed after school for volleyball tryouts. I was in the locker room changing to my volleyball shorts and my tank top. Everybody was gone already. I came in late. When I was done, I went in the bathroom so I can put my hair in a bun.

Justice came in and pushes me against the wall. Her hands went to my neck and she started chocking me. My breathing became uneven. “I hope you heard the news”

“W-why are you…” I tried catching my breath as her grip became tighter and I felt her long fake nails digging in my skin.

“Tell Chresanto and you’re dead” She said through her teeth.

“Let m-me go…”

“He’s mine, remember that” She let go of my neck and I fell on the floor trying to catch my breath.

She kicked me in my stomach and I screamed in pain. She bend down on the floor and got in my face. “I’m still not done with you”

She left the bathroom. I struggled to get up. I was trying hard not to cry. I look at my neck in the mirror. It was scratched and red. I sigh. I don’t even wanna try out for volleyball anymore. I grab my bag and my clothes and walk out the locker room. I grab my phone and call Chres.

“Hey, babe” He said, as soon as he picked up.

“Can you come pick me up, please?” My voice was so low.

“I thought you were trying out for volleyball?”

“I changed my mind”

“Why?”

“I…” I didn’t know what to tell him. “I don’t know, can you pick me up?”

“Sure, I’m on my way”

“Bye,”

I hung up and sat on a bench. My phone made a sound; which meant I had a message.

“Tell him and you’re dead”-J

How did she get my number? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I sat there until Chres came. When he did, I got in the car.

“Hey,” I said, pecking him on his lips. 

“You’re neck is red. What happen?”

I saw this coming. “Uh, my n-neck was itching and I started scratching it and it got red”

“You scratch yourself too”

“Yeah, I know. My nails are too long”

He chuckle. “Did you found out why people were staring at you today?”

“No, it doesn’t matter anyway” I lied.

Truth is, I’m kind of worried

Ciara

It’s been 3 months and Justice and her little crew never did anything. But, she has been threatening me and shit. But, she never did anything. I never told Chres. We’ve been going out for 6 months. I truly love him. I’m closer to Tori. I guess she really meant what she said.

We’re only few months away from Senior walk out. Prom is in April, which is in 2 months. Right now, I’m driving to go get Brittany from school.

I walk in the building. I walk up to the lady in the front desk.

“I’m here for Brittany”

“Brittany Smith?” She ask and I nodded. “They picked her up early for a doctor’s appointment”

“Doctor’s appointment? And who’s they?”

“They looked like two married couple”

“Give me a minute,” I said, walking off to the side. I took my phone out of my back pocket and dialed Mrs. Smith’s phone number.

“Hey, honey”

“Hey, mom-” I paused when I realized what I just called her. “Uh...”

“You just called me mom,” She said, surprisingly.   

“Well,” I ran my hand through my hair. “I guess, it’s about time I start calling you that”

“I’ve been waiting for that day.”

“I’ve been waiting for that day too” Then, I remembered why I call her. “Are you with Brittany for a doctor’s appointment?”

“No, she had a doctor’s appointment?”

My heart just sank in my stomach. “No, nevermind”

“Okay,”

“Bye, I’ll call you later if I need you”

“Bye,” She hung up.

I turn back to the lady. “I gotta go”

The lady waved and I ran out the building to my car. I started driving. Not sure where to go.

“What if he finds me?”

“He said he would kill me…”

“I’m scared…”

“That’s where my daddy lives…”

I keep hearing her voice in my head. I made a U-turn and started driving where she said her dad lives.

“He said he would kill me…”

It kept repeating. I became more scared. What if he did take her and kill her? No, I can’t lose Brittany. 

I stop in front of the gray house. I walk up toward the front door. I turn the handle. Of course, it was locked.

I use all the force I have and kicked it open. I gasp. Tears starting pouring down my face.

He looked at me. “Another step and she’s gone”

“No, please. Don’t kill her” I pleaded.

Brittany was tied up in a chair. Blood rushing down her nose and she was unconscious. He pointed the gun at her temple. Another lady sitting in the corner crying. Her clothes was ripped and she was half naked. I’m guessing that’s he’s wife.

“I warned her” He said.

“Please, she’s only a kid”

He laugh. “You think I care”

I ran my hand through my hair, not knowing what to do. I was about to go back outside but stopped when I heard a gunshot. I jumped and turned around.

“You’re not going anywhere” He walked towards me and closed the front door. I got scared. He grab my wrists and started squeezing it. “It’s either you or her”

I winced when he tighten his hands. “Y-you’re hurting m-me”

He slapped me really hard. “Which one is it?”

Tears started streaming down my cheeks. I looked at Brittany. “Kill me instead”

“N-no,” The lady cried.

He grab my hair and kicked me in my stomach. “Ahh!” I screamed in pain.

“I’m not gonna kill you now. Where’s the fun in that?” He smirked.

He let go of my hair and I fell on the floor, crying in pain. Then, he started beating me. He kicked me, he punched me, he did every painful things to me. My nose was bleeding, my mouth was bleeding, my throat was killing me, and my knees were hurting like hell.

My phone kept ringing. I bet its Chres or one of them. I couldn’t answer it since he took my phone and threw it against the wall.

“Daddy…” Brittany said. “Daddy, no…” Her voice was weak.

“Glad you’re up. You may wanna stay up for this” He pointed the gun at my head, ready to pull the trigger.

I kept crying. I looked at Brittany. “I’m sorry...”

“No!” The lady yelled. She hit him with something on his head as soon as he was about to pull the trigger. He fell on the floor and the gun fell out of his hand. He wasn’t unconscious. I grabbed it and pointed towards him. Debating if I should kill him or not.

He laughed and got up. “A gun is not the only way to kill somebody”

My hands were shaking. He grab a vase and threw it on my face. Then, I did it. I pulled the trigger. I killed him.

He fell on the floor. I drop the gun on the floor and cried. I walk weakly over to Brittany and untie her. She gave me a hug and cried.

“You’re forehead is bleeding” She said looking at me.

I started growing weak. I was losing too much blood. I passed out on the floor.

“Ciara!”

That was the last thing I heard.

I opened my eyes and quickly closed them back. The room was too bright. My body was in pain. I squint my eyes and look to the side. Chres, Brittany, Tori, Craig, Melody, Jacob, Ray, Dani, Destiny, Tequan, mom and dad. All of them were here. The room was also full of balloons, flowers, teddy bears, and cards.

“She’s awake!” Brittany, who had a bandage on her nose, exclaimed.

Every one turned and looked at me. “Ciara!”

My mom came over and gave me a hug. Everybody started hugging me.

“Are you okay?” Melody ask.

I nodded. I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t even open my mouth. My jaws were killing me. I fully opened my eyes. I looked at Chres, who was staring at me.

“I’m sorry” He said.

I wanted to tell him that he shouldn’t be apologizing. It wasn’t his fault. I know he wasn’t there to protect me. But, it wasn’t his fault.

I caressed his cheek. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. Brittany came next to me and said the words I was afraid she would say. “It’s all my fault. Blame me” She look down as a tear fell out of her eye.

“No, Britt.” Destiny said, hugging her. “It’s not your fault. It’s nobody’s fault”

The doctor came in, making our attention towards the door. “Ciara, you’re up” He smile. I forced a smile and nodded. “I have good news and bad news. Which one you guys wanna hear first?”

“Bad news” Jacob said.

“Well, she won’t be able to talk for a few days. Her throat is still healing”

“And good news is?” Melody ask.

“The good news is that she gets to go home tomorrow” The doctor said.

I was happy that I can go home tomorrow but to not be able to talk or sing for a few days?

The doctor left the room.

“At least you’ll get to go home tomorrow” Dad said.

I’m in my room with everybody just talking. I’ve been home for the past two hours. I had a notebook and a marker in my hand. I have to write if I wanna say something.

“How did you guys find me?”

“Brittany called the police and the police contacted mom” Ray responded.

“With what phone?”

“I used your phone” Brittany said.

“My phone? He broke my phone”

“He did, but it still worked” She said, giving it to me. I opened it. It was broken but it worked.

“I bought you a new one” Chres said.

I sigh and wrote. “You didn’t have to. I was gonna apply for a job and buy myself a new IPhone 4S”

“Well, it’s not an IPhone 4S” He said. “It’s a 5C”

I wanted to scream but I couldn’t. “Really?! Where is it?”

“It’s behind you in the white bag” Melody said.

I turn around. I grab the bag and took out the box. I opened it and took out the phone. I got down from the bed and walk toward Chres. I sat on his lap and kissed him on his lips. I grab the marker and wrote in my hand I love you ♥ and showed it to him.

He smile and grab my face and kissed me. “I love you too”

Brittany handed me the notebook I left from the bed. I guess she didn’t want me writing on my hand.

I wrote “Thanks :)”

I grabbed my new phone and opened it. The back of it was purple. I started putting people’s contact in it from my old phone. I downloaded Instagram, Kik, and games. I sent all of the pictures from my old phone to my new phone. I changed my wallpaper to one of Chres’ pictures since he had me as his wallpaper. (To the side).

A question crossed my mind. “What if he had killed me, what would you guys do?”

“I would probably go crazy” Melody and Destiny said in unison then they laughed.

“Yeah.” Ray and Craig agreed.

“It would be boring and quiet” Tequan said.

“I would’ve cried for 3 whole years” Dani said, pouting.

I looked at Chres, waiting for him to answer. “I told you, I can’t live without you”

“I would’ve killed myself” Brittany said quietly and we looked at her.

“I don’t want you to kill yourself because of me”

“But, it would’ve been my fault if you died”

“Stop blaming yourself, Brittany”

“It is my fault; you were trying to save me. You told him to kill you instead of me”

I sigh. “I said that because I love you and I wanted you to live, you’re only 5” She turned 5 in December 12.

“But, I wanted you to live too”

I grab her face and kissed her cheek.

“Now, I feel guilty for telling you to kill yourself back then”

“Don’t feel guilty. You apologized, it’s all good”

“Dinner’s ready!” My mom yelled downstairs.

I got up from Chres’ lap and walk downstairs followed by the rest. We sat on the dinner table. We prayed and we started eating.

“This is so good” Craig said, eating his pasta. We all nodded in agreement.

When we were done eating, they wanted to sleep over. I was in my room with Brittany and Chres.

“I have to tell you something” Chres said.

I grab my new phone and went to notes and typed. “What is it?”

“Well, I got accepted to Julliard in New York”

“Really?! That’s great!”

“Have you applied for any colleges?” He ask, looking at me.

“I have, but I didn’t get any mails yet”

“Did you apply for Julliard?”

“I did, but what if they reject me?”

“I doubted” He kissed my cheeks.

“You guys are gonna leave me by myself” Brittany said, turning around. She was watching Sam and Cat on Nick.

“We’re gonna have to”