♡Thanksgiving♡

Ciara

“Is it possible that I’m actually in love with Chresanto?” I blurred out, which I immediately regretted. We were in Ray’s room playing Just Dance 4. Just because we’re bored. I was sitting on his bed watching him and Dani dance to the song Super Bass. Ray paused the game and they both turned and looked at me.

“What?!” They yelled in unison. I covered my face with my hand and blushed.

“Just forget what I said,” I uncover my face and look at them.

“I’m not surprised. I had a feeling you love him” Dani sat next to me.

“I don’t know. I just…” I tried to find to exact way to explain this. “It’s just the way he kisses me. It’s just…magical”

“No wonder you like kissing him so much” Ray roll his eyes playfully.

“We don’t kiss that much, stop being dramatic”

“Girl, every time I turn around, there’s you two swallowing each other” Dani said.

I blushed. “Whatever”

“Are you gonna tell him?” Ray ask.

“No, I’m too shy” I pout.

“You’re not too shy; you’re just scared if he doesn’t feel the same way” Dani said. Okay, maybe she’s right…

“I’m still not telling him” I shrugged.

“Come on, Ciara. I dare you to tell him before Thanksgiving break ends” Ray smirk. Thanksgiving is tomorrow. The break ends in 4 days.

“Oh, no. I’m sorry, I don’t do dares”

“Come on, Ciara” Dani whine.

They not gonna leave me alone, are they? “Fine”

I think I just made a mistake. I look down at my phone; 6:08 PM. I have to go pick up Brittany from Gymnastics.

“I have to go get Brittany. I’ll be back” I got down from the bed and walk downstairs.  I was met by Mr. Smith. I don’t know when am I gonna call him and Mrs. Smith mom and dad.

“Hey,” I gave him a hug. “Haven’t seen you in a while”

He hugged me back. “I know, work” He smiled.

“Well, I was on my way to go get Brittany. I don’t wanna keep her waiting”

He smile and nod. I went out the door and got to my car. I drove to the gym. When I got there, I park my car and walk inside the building.

“I’m here for Brittany” I said to the lady that teaches her class. I can never get that lady’s name.

“Oh, Brittany” She smiled as Brittany came over when she saw me. “What a wonderful daughter you have”

Pause.

Did she just say daughter? What do I look like? A seventeen year-old girl with a 4 year-old daughter? Oh, hell naw.

I laugh slightly. “Thanks, but she’s not my daughter. She’s just my adopted sister”

“Oh, sorry, dear” She smile, apologetically. “I didn’t know”

“It’s fine.” I grab Brittany’s hand and smile at the lady. “Well, I guess we’ll see you on Monday” Brittany only had practice on Monday and Wednesday. Sometimes Friday.

“Alright, bye” She wave.

We walk out of the building to my car. Brittany sat in the back and I went to the driver’s seat.  I pull out the parking lot and drove home.

On my way there, Brittany stayed quiet. Usually, she would tell me stories about what activities they did and stuff like that. So, I got concerned.

“Are you okay?” I ask, looking at her in the rear view mirror. She nod. “Come on, tell me what’s wrong with you”

“I thought you were my mom” She said, lowly. “I thought you adopted me”

My heart dropped. I do act like a mother toward her, don’t I? “No, honey. Mrs. Smith adopted you”

“Isn’t she you’re mom?”

I know exactly why she ask that; because I said Mrs. Smith instead of mom. “No, I was adopted too”

 “Where’s your mommy and daddy?” She ask, curiously.

“They died in a car accident”

“Oh,” She said it like she was shocked.

“Yeah” I nodded, before turning off the car when I park in our driveway. There were cars. They must be here. We walk inside and just like I predicted they are here. “What’s up, guys”

“Hey” They said.

“I’m going to sleep, I’m tired” Brittany rubbed her eye. She must be; she’s been practicing for 3 hours. I nod before she went upstairs.

I went to the living room. I peck Chres on his lips and sat next to him.

“So, Ciara” Ray started. “Don’t you have something to say? To Roc, maybe?” He smirked.

I shot him a death glare. Oh, no this nigga didn’t… “Whaaat? What are you talking about, Ray?”

“You know what I’m talking about, how you said you were in love with Ch-”

My eyes grew wide. “With Chris!” I cut him off. Chris?! Nice one, Ci. I quickly look at Chresanto who was looking at me like he was confused.

“Chris?!” Melody and Destiny exclaimed.

“You’re in love with Chris?” He ask.

“I mean, he’s my friend, right?” What am I saying?

He shook his head and got up and walked out the door. I looked at Ray. “I’m gonna kill you” I mouthed. He laughed, so did Dani. That’s not even funny! I got up and ran out the door. I saw Chresanto walking down the street.

“Chresanto, wait!” I ran after him. He turn around and stopped.

“What?” He ask.

I stood in front of him. “I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant to say”

“Then, what did you meant to say, Ciara?” He ask, looking at me.

“I meant to say,” Am I really gonna tell him? “You. I’m in love with you” I quickly covered my face with my hand. I didn’t wanna see his reaction. He uncovered my face. I looked at him. “I’m sorry, I just didn’t know how to tell you and when I heard Ray say that, I kind of panicked. I was scared if I tell you, you wouldn’t feel the same way. I couldn’t stop thinking what would I do if you didn’t feel the same way. I mean, I-”

He grab my face gently and press his lips against mine. I put my arms around his neck as he cupped my cheek. He pulled away.

“I love you too” He said, staring in my eyes.

I was so relieved. “You do?”

“Yeah,” He nodded before pecking my lips. I smile. Thank God.

“You wanna stay out here or you wanna go back inside?” I ask him.

“I’ll stay out here” We walked back and sat on the porch. He put his arm around my shoulder. I lay my head on his shoulder. “What would you have done?” He look down at me.

“I would probably cry every single day. I wouldn’t talk to anybody; well, except Brittany. I love talking to her”

“You love her, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” I nod. “Her gymnast teacher thought she was my daughter. She was like “What a wonderful daughter you have”” I quoted.

He laughed. “I would have thought the same thing”

I took my phone out of my back pocket when it vibrated. I look down at it.

“You’re welcome”-Ray

I smile. “Thank you c:”-Ciara

“What would have done if I was really in love with Chris?”

“I don’t know. I would probably break up with you”

“I wanna get a tattoo” I said, randomly.

He chuckle. “Isn’t the belly piercing enough?”

“I love my belly piercing,” I started. “I was in so much trouble when my mom saw it; she was mad at me for 2 weeks. Eventually, she got over it”

“Well, that’s how I’m gonna be mad at you if you get a tattoo”

“I think they’re cool. I only want one; I don’t wanna have my whole body tattooed”

“When you have a tattoo, you can’t help but get more”

“How you know?” I ask, perking my lips.

“My brother have tattoos”

“What did your parents say?”

“They yelled at him. It’s not like he cared”

“Then, I guess I’m not getting one”

“You don’t want me to be mad at you” He chuckle.

“Yeah,” I smile and nod. “And my parents wouldn’t want me getting a tattoo”

“You know what I’m worried about”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What?”

“If we don’t go to the same college”

“I never thought about that”

“I started looking for some”

“I haven’t even started”

The door opened. Brittany came out. “I’m hungry” She rubbed her eyes.

“You want pizza?” Chres ask her. She nodded before sitting next to me. Chres took out his phone and called Papa John’s. He ordered a pepperoni and a cheese pizza. He hung up.

“You’re husband is nice” She whisper to me; which I’m pretty sure Chres heard ‘cause he chuckle.

I laugh. “He’s my boyfriend

“Yeah, for now” He smirk.

I giggle before looking at Brittany. “Did Ray send you out here?”

“Yes, he said to go ask you what you want me to eat”

I shook my head. “What are they doing in there?”

“They’re watching TV”

15 minutes later, they brought our pizza. Chres payed the guy and gave him a tip. We walk inside the house and everybody turned and looked at us. I put the pizza on the table. Brittany grabbed plastic plates and I took the juice. I took Brittany’s pizzas on her plate and gave it to her. Then, we all took ours and started eating.

“Damn,” Tequan started. “This is some good pizza”

We all nodded in agreement. I finish eating my pizza and drunk my juice. I got up and walk to the kitchen. I walk toward the sink and wash the cup I drunk the juice in. I felt somebody wrap their arms around my waist.

“I’m glad you admitted your feelings.” Chres said.

I turn around. “I wasn’t even going to. Ray made me”

“I have a feeling you weren’t even gonna tell me”

“I didn’t have a choice,” I started. “Ray said I had to do it before the break ends”

“See, there you two go again” Dani said.

I laugh softly. “What?”

“You two is always kissing” She said.

“We didn’t even kiss yet” I chuckle.

“Yet,” Chres said, before leaning down and press his lips against mine. I smile and kissed him back.

I pulled away and looked at Danielle, who had her hands on her hip. “See what I’m talking about?” She said.

“He’s my boyfriend, what did you expect?” I giggle.

She roll her eyes playfully. “Man, whatever. I’m going to sleep” She walks out of the kitchen.

“Yeah, I’m going home” Chres said.

“Okay,”

“Goodnight, babe” He pecked my lips.

“Bye” I said, before washing my hands. I went upstairs. I saw Brittany watching TV. She wasn’t even focused on it. She was just staring on the ground. I sat on the bed and I look at her. “You okay?” She never said anything. “Brittany, are you okay?” I ask again, shaking her lightly.

She look up at me. “Uh?”

“What’s wrong?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Is he ever gonna find me?” She ask, lowly.

“Who?”

“Daddy,” She said. “What if he finds me?”

“If he didn’t find you for the past 2 months, I don’t think he’s gonna find you. Even if he did, he wouldn’t do anything”

“Yes, he is. He told me if I ever run away, he would kill me” She look down.

“Aww,” I pulled her into a hug. “That’s not gonna happen”

“I’m scared,” She said.

“Don’t be.” I fix the bed and tucked her in. “Go to sleep” I kissed her cheek.

She nodded before closing her eyes. I closed the TV including the lights. I lay in the bed next to Brittany. I really can’t fall asleep. I keep thinking if I didn’t tell him today, when or how was I  gonna tell him. My phone vibrated. I grabbed it off the table. It was from Chres. I got bored yesterday and changed it to Babe.

“Can’t fall asleep, to busy thinking about you” -Babe

I smile and blushed. “You just made me blush”-Ciara

“That’s what I was going for” –Babe

I blushed, again. “Lol, shut up!”-Ciara

“So, why aren’t you sleeping? It’s 11:30. Lol, I thought you weren’t gonna text back”-Babe

“I know, I’m thinking about something”-Ciara

“I know you’re thinking about me, Ciara” –Babe

I bet he’s smirking right now.“Pretty much, I was just thinking if I didn’t tell you today, how was I gonna tell you” –Ciara

“Can I call you? I don’t feel like typing, it’s too much” –Babe

“Your lazy ass…And no, Brittany’s sleeping” –Ciara

“Lol, whatever.”-Babe

“What are we doing for Thanksgiving tomorrow?”-Ciara

“I don’t know. I’m not sure” –Babe

“Well, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight” –Ciara

“Bye, I love you
–Babe

I smile.“Love you too-Ciara

I put my phone down. I roll over and slowly drift off to sleep…

I woke up and brushed my teeth. I stayed in my short shorts and a tank top. I went downstairs. I was the only one up. I ate some cereals. When I was done, I called Chris.

He picked up in the second ring. “Hey”

“What you doing? Haven’t talked to you in a while” I said, in the other line. I haven’t talked to him since the break started. But, at school, we talk. I have more class with him than I have with Chres.

“I’m about to go buy a turkey. My sister didn’t wanna go, so I have to go”

“I’ll go with you. I don’t even think we have a turkey to cook anyway”

“Okay. See you in 5”

“K, bye” I said before I hung up. I look down at my clothes. I don’t need to change, right? I’m only gonna buy a turkey. I shrug and waited for Chris.

“I’m outside” –Chris

I got up and walk out the front door. I got in his car and gave him a hug.

“How’s it going?” He ask, as he started driving.

“Nothing. I got a new sister, though” 

He raised his eyebrows. “Really?”

“Yeah. She’s four. Her name’s Brittany”

“I wanna meet her”

“She’ll be up by the time we come back”

“So, how are you and Chresanto?”

“Pretty good. It’s the longest relationship I’ve had” Back then, I only had 3 boyfriends. All of them played me. The relationships only last days.

Miguel used me for a project. We got partnered up and he ask me out. He was cute so I said yes. He made me do all the work and he always had an excuse.  So, I did all of it. Then, when I was done and we got an A, he just dumped me.

Derrick went out with me because of a dare; which I didn’t know about. When he broke up with me, he told me it was nothing but a dare.

Jason only asked me out for the fun of it. We went out for a few days. Then, he broke up with me in front of the whole school. I remember the exact thing he said “I never liked you. Who would go out with somebody like you anyway? I just asked you out for fun. I can’t believe you actually think you’re gonna have a chance with somebody” That really broke my heart, so I started cutting my wrist again when I was planning on stopping. He wanted to embarrass me and that’s what he did. The worst part was I actually did think I had a chance with somebody. I never had a boyfriend since then; which was when I was a sophomore. My parents died during my junior year.

“What about you?” I ask him. “Find anybody?”

He shrugged. “I started talking to this girl, no big deal”

“Do you like her?”

“I don’t know. I mean, she’s cute, and have a beautiful smile. But I don’t think she’s the right one for me”

“Why?”

“She’s just like the girls I dated back then. I want somebody different” He parked the car and we walk inside the market. We started looking around when my phone ringed. I picked it up without looking at the ID caller.

“Hello?”

“Where you at, bruh?” Ray ask.

“I’m in a market with Chris, why?”

“We just woke up and you’re nowhere to be found.”

“We’re just buying turkeys”

“I only called you because Brittany was looking for you and told me you weren’t in your room”

“Oh, well, I’m coming in about 15 minutes” I said, before hanging up.

We bought the turkeys and Chris dropped me home. When I walked in the house, I put the bag on the kitchen counter. I went up to Dani’s room, I open the door. I saw her and Tequan on the bed watching a movie.

“Hey,” I waved. “Dani, I need you to help me make the turkey”

“But, I don’t feel like cooking” She pout.

“You’re gonna eat, right?” She nodded. “Then, get your ass up and help me make it.”

“Fine, I’ll be down in a second”

I went downstairs to the kitchen and start making the turkey and stuff. Tori came and helped me and Danielle out. Destiny and melody also helped. They made the rice and beans. Ray put on music while we were cooking. Right now, Tapout by Rich Gang was on. That’s my song!

Brittany was hanging out with the boys. When we were done with the food, we put it on the table. I went upstairs and took a shower. I just made food, I didn't wanna look dirty to eat this amazing food on Thanksgiving. When I was done, I put my clothes on (To The Side). I went downstairs, we all sat and started eating. When we were done, we said what we were thankful for. It was my turn.

“Well, I’m thankful for you guys. I mean, what would I do without y’all? I’m thankful for food and living a beautiful mansion.” I looked at Chres; who was sitting next to me. I kissed him.

“I’m thankful for you”