Chapter 25: I Love You

I open my eyes once again to see I am in my room. I scan my blue room to see nothing has changed. I look at the ring in my hand to see a faint glow in it. The glow disappears and the crack is now noticeable.

I amble to my door and to my grandma's room.

"I see you are back," she says still fixing my dad's shirt.

"How long have I been gone?"

She looks up at the clock, "About two hours."

"What! I've been there for weeks!"

"That's the power of the ring," she says beaming at me.

"I wish I believed you when you first gave this ring to me that it was magical."

"Don't be mad over it. I didn't believe my mother when she gave it to me," she says going back to fixing my father's shirt.

"You did? Where did you go with the ring?" I ask curious.

"It doesn't matter now child. It's in the past now."

"I love you grandma." I give her a tight hug.

"I love you too Claudia."

I pull away from the hug and smile at her. I walk out of her room and down the stairs.

"Hi Claudia."

I gaze up to see my mom on the couch eating some potato chips.

"Hi mom. How was your day?" I ask looking out the window and see rain pouring.

"Good, I got a promotion at my job, so I'm celebrating with chips!" She laughs at herself.

"Awesome mom! Maybe dad with take you out for dinner."

"I hope!" She says.

"I bet he will," I say to her.

"You got mail today. I laid it on your bed," my mom says to me.

"Ok. I'll go and see what I got."

I walk into the kitchen to grab some sweet tea. I see my phone laying down on the table. I pick it up to see Jane and Martha had texted me.

"Hey! Hope all goes well!" Jane texted me.

"Be safe!" Martha texted me.

"Also tell Erik I said hi!" Jane texted me. I shake my head and laugh a little after I read it.

I text them both back, "I'm back home now. We'll have to meet up soon."

I put my phone back on the counter and head back upstairs.

"I'm going back up!" I yell to my mom.

"Ok!" She yells back.

I saunter into my room and plop in my queen size bed.

"I'm so glad to be back in my own bed," I say to myself.

I turn on my side to see the mail my mom told me about downstairs underneath my purple pillow. I draw out the mail and open it up to read.

Dear Claudia,

When you read this I know you are back at your home safe and sound. I miss you dearly and wish for you to come visit soon, but I don't know if that will happen because of the crack in the ring.

You are probably wondering what I am doing now. I tell you that I am still at the Opera Populaire, terrorizing the "new" managers, Monsieur Delmar and Monsieur Jamue. Meg Giry is now the new ballet teacher for the Opera Populaire. She also found herself a husband, Monsieur Delmar. They are quite cute together. And as for Christine, she married Raoul and they moved to London to a different Opera House. I've heard (well, I was eavesdropping, but that doesn't matter now) Meg saying they have two girls named Janelle and March. Very unique names I must say.

And you are probably wondering how on Earth you got mail from me. Well, when we went to your house to see your grandma for answers, I stole a piece of your mail with your address on it. I wanted to write to you to tell you what has happen through the years. It has been 15 years since I last saw you and when you are perusing this it will be much longer.

I want you to live life fully with your classic self.

I love you,
Erik

"I love you too, Erik. I promise I'll find a way see you again."

Thank you so so so so so much for reading my story! It means a lot! I'm not sure if I'll do a sequel, but please comment your thoughts.
Thanks again!