Family Teaming Up

Start from the beginning

"You pulled the Detective into this too?" He laughed, "Alright, awesome! We've got a ton of family coming over tonight too to discuss the situation. We should be meeting in about an hour to figure everything out. Can you pick up Danni and I some starbucks on your way? We haven't slept in almost two days and we could both use a coffee." 

"Absolutely sir. We'll be there soon. Wait up for us before you start the meeting though." 

"Will do. Thanks son." I hung up the phone and walked over to my wife. I kneeled down next to her and pulled her into my arms. She continued to sob and I caressed the back of her head with my hand. 

"Baby, I just got off the phone with Jake. He's on his way here with another Detective." 

The head Detective was in the corner speaking with another officer and over heard what I had said, "Excuse me, but I didn't order for any additional Detectives on the case. We don't need anyone else. Who thinks their joining?"

I looked up at the officer, "Excuse me, but this is my daughter we're talking about. I haven't seen you do shit tonight to find her, and I actually know this Detective and trust him. So as of now, he's head Detective, understood." 

He began to speak, "But..." 

"I SAID UNDERSTOOD?!!" I yelled so loud, it silenced everyone in the room. 

He looked away, "Yes sir." 

I turned back to Danni, "Jake will be here soon. I sent him for some coffee, and he should be here when the family arrives." 

I wiped a tear falling down her cheek. "Oh thank heavens," she started to say, "we need him right now." 

We continued to speak with officers and Detectives as people started showing up. Jared and Gen stood by the door to direct everyone to the family room. It was times like this where we were grateful for such a large house. We comfortably fit everyone on the couches and officers were lined up against the wall. My parents had showed up and soon after Misha and his wife were welcomed in. Both the Mark's and Jeff came, followed by Felicia and Osric. About ten minutes later Jake walked in with Detective Jones. Gen wrapped both arms around him, and started to cry even harder yelling, "My boy is home!" He laughed and hugged her back hurrying to bring Danni and I our coffee soon after. 

"Hey sir, I'm here to help." 

"Thank you son." I hurried to give him a hug and soon after Danni wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug as well.

Everyone settled down and I stood on the coffee table to talk to everyone. With our family, coworkers, and all the officers, we easily had over forty or fifty people in our living room. "Everyone listen up!" I yelled. Everything silenced. "We need to all form a plan. The officers have a plan and Detective Jones is going to look over it. As for us, we need to go in groups of four and start searching. Both Mark's, Jeff, Felicia, Osric, and Misha, will you guys all take my jet and start searching in New York?"

"We can just take mine," Jeff offered. "Then you'll have yours if needed." 

"Thank you! Call if you hear or find anything." 

They all got up and hurried out the door. All of the officers followed Detective Jones into the kitchen where they formed a plan. Only about ten of us remained. "Jared, Gen, Danni and I will stay here and start making calls and searching from home. Our girls are too exhausted to go out." I looked to Gen and my wife, "Actually ladies, why don't you take some Benadryl and get some sleep?" Danni looked to me and yawned. 

I picked her up knowing she'd fight me, but I could tell this was just making her sick. I carried her upstairs and she collapsed into our bed. I pulled her blouse and jeans off, while putting on one of my old t-shirts on. One I knew that she loved to wear. I handed her a glass of water and some Benadryl for her to take before bed.