Chapter Thirty-Five - I Don't Need Your Pity

Chapter Thirty-Five - "I Don't Need Your Pity"

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

A few weeks later, Prom was a thing of the past and we were all focused on the next event that was coming up within one month.

Graduation.

My entire class had been prepared to graduate since September, but I wasn't. There was something about high school that, no matter how much it sucked, made me love it. I had no real responsibilities, the main thing I had to worry about was homework, I was young, and got to go to a place where all of my friends were. For five days every week, for a majority of the past few years, I spent my time in these hallways. And I'd soon be leaving all of that behind to move onto something new and exciting.

But I couldn't help but wonder if I was actually ready to move on to this new and exciting part of life. Regardless, I had to be ready.

On a Tuesday morning in late March, I found myself rushing around and trying to get ready for school. That hardly ever happened and I was usually always ready, but today I decided to sleep through my alarm. Great idea.

I pulled my hair up into a somewhat cute topknot after swiping on a few coats of mascara, having no time to do anything with my hair. Since the San Diego heat was sort of bearable during this time of the year, I slid on a loose, black and white ringer tee, smoothing out the front of it. I got out a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and pulled them on, cuffing up the ankles a bit. My tan flip flops were waiting at the door for me, so I gave myself a spritz of perfume before I grabbed my bag and left my room.

"Bye Mom!" I yelled before I walked out of the house.

"Have a good day!" She responded back from the kitchen. I shut the front door behind me and hopped into my car, rolling the windows down for fresh air.

Justin came outside a minute or two later, running over to my car. "Hi," he breathed.

"Hello," I smiled. I backed out of my driveway and started driving down the road, a smile still on my face.

I felt him staring at me from the corner of my eye, so I glanced over and sure enough, he was looking at me with his lips twisted in a big grin. "What?" I chuckled.

"It's good to see you like this again," he said. "Ever since you and Eric started... dating or whatever, you've just been so happy and positive. I love it."

"Well, he does make me very happy," I giggled with a blush burning onto my cheeks.

"I'm glad, you deserve it," he nodded, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks," I smiled widely. He nodded again as I pulled into our school parking lot and found a spot.

It was true; ever since Eric and I kissed at that party about a month and a half ago, things had been amazing. The kiss was the start of it all, and we'd only gotten closer, which I honestly didn't think was possible considering that we already slept together and all that. He also knew the biggest secret of my life, but he still treated me like a normal person and I couldn't ask for more.

We were kind of dating, but we didn''t really call each other "boyfriend" or "girlfriend". It really didn't matter to us anyway though, we were too engulfed in each other to care about labels and whatnot.

We were happy, and that was it.

So not only were things great with Eric, but things were getting better at home too. My mom seemed to be changing a bit and she was always asking me how my day was or how I am. My dad did too, and I noticed that he was been coming home a little bit earlier from work recently.