Chapter 16 - Division of Power

Start from the beginning

Cerus briefly remained silent before saying, "What have you remembered?"

"Cerus!" Erian marched toward the two.

The Spirit placed a hand on his shoulder. It halted the demon.

"Erian," she said, "I wish to remember, and you"—she looked at Cerus—"I am unsure as to why, but..."

She reached up to him and her blue arms enveloped around his neck. She was such a tiny creature her limbs stretched out to their entirety and her head rested closer to his stomach than his chest.

Cerus sharply inhaled and Erian gasped. The Shape Shifters arms shook with repressed urge of some sort before he gave in to the impulse. His body bowed over her, making it seem like he was crushing her, but his embrace was a gentle one.

A crashing knock was heard from the door before an Upper rushed in. His appearance was like a Minotaur with black skin instead of fur. Wide orange eyes beckoned the attention of the demons before him.

"My Lords!" His nostrils exhaled white steam. "We are under attack!"

Erian stepped up to him followed by Cerus.

"By whom? We have not sensed anyone's arrival," the Seer said.

The Uppers eyes opened unbelievably wider. "It is Auronmar. I have received word of sightings of him."

As if his words were a summoning, all in the room felt the overwhelming tide of Auronmar's Magika essence crush through the room. It seeped into them and momentarily suffocated their thoughts. A brief pause was needed before Cerus and Erian shared a knowing glance.

"Flow!" Cerus called as he ran out of the room to meet up with his Spirit.

Erian instructed the Upper. "Locate the Generals in the castle and deliver my message to group their forces together for an assault. The same applies for your group. You all are to wait for either my or Cerus' order outside."

The demon nodded and raced out of the room.

Azul stood next to Erian. "We shall descend upon the scene as well, yes, Erian?"

Before he could answer, she manifested into her usual blue light and entered the curled weapon hanging by his side. He gazed at it for a moment before sprinting out of the room. When he exited the castle, Cerus was in his wolf form giving out orders to surrounding groups to head out and telling others to remain and hold ground at the castle.

"Your group shall ride with us, Tah," Cerus spoke to the Minotaur demon, muzzle unmoving but voice intimidating as ever.

The giant wolf turned to see Erian. "Did she come?"

"Yes," he answered and placed a hand on his weapon. "She is here."

"Then come on." He gestured for him to jump on his back.

Erian sighed but did as told. If there was any chance to keep the castle under their control, it was found in meeting the enemy head on. Erian jumped on Cerus and clung to the excessive skin around his neck with both hands. He eyed the black ring on his finger and wondered if he should inform Blethinette of the situation.

 "Do not distress as of yet, Erian," Azul said.

"Erian," Cerus' voice cut through her words, "you're squeezing my skin too tight."

He looked down at his hands and saw red splotches in Cerus' fur. "I apologize."

They continued, flanked by dozens of trotting, slithering, and galloping demons, following Auronmar's essence. The closer they got, the more crushing the force fell upon them until it suddenly disappeared.