Chapter 9 - I'm back to my old ways.

From: Heartbreaker :\
To: Me

Destiny, please talk to me. I’m sorry alright? :(

This is one of the many text messages Trey has sent me within the last two days. They all consist of ‘I’m soo sorry.’ or ‘Talk to me please.’ It’s pathetic really. He wants me to talk to him soo bad, but in the janitor’s closet he was speechless.

He thinks a simple ‘sorry’ is going to do the trick. He is sadly mistaken. I’m a very stubborn person, so he’s got a lot of work cut out for him.

I walked downstairs to the living room, & plopped down on the couch next to my sister, Danielle, who was watching…

“Spongebob?” I asked.

She shrugged. “It’s not really a kids show. They cuss & Spongebob basically confesses his love for squidward or Patrick.”

“True.” I said leaning back & letting out a sigh.

“What’s up?” She asked still staring at the TV.

“What do you mean?” I asked with my eyes still closed.

“You haven’t been with it lately.” She said.

I lifted myself from the couch & furrowed my eyebrows. “Explain…”

“Well, you haven’t been you for the last couple of days. Like, something is bothering you. So, what’s up?” She implied.

I let out a sigh. I hate how well my sister knows me, it’s sickening sometimes. “Boy problems.”

She tilted her head up, & back down slowly. “Ahh, I see. Want to talk about it?” She asked.

“It’s a long story..”

“It’s Saturrday afternoon, what else do I have to do?” She said sarcastically.

“Well, I like this guy-”

“Obviously.” She interrupted.

Anywayss, He’s the player of the sch-”

“Trey.” She interrupted again.

“How’d you-”

“We do go to the same school, Dee.” She said sarcastically.

“Stop-”

“Interrupting you?” She smirked.

“Yeah, it’s really-”

“Annoying?”

“Yes! You’re supposed to be listening!” I said.

“Okay, sorry. Continue.”

“Well, he kissed me, but the next day, he’s locking lip with some girl name Jasmine. She’s his girlfriend, which I believe is utter bullshit because he said he doesn’t date. But yeah, he said he’d rather be with me because he’s had his heartbroken, or some shiitt, & I told him off a couple days ago, now he’s texting me, apologizing & stuff.” I concluded.

“What did he do when you told him off?” She asked.

Nothing. He just kept looking at me with hurt & guilt.” I replied.

She her tilted her head to the side & pretended to look into the heavens, as if she was thinking. “I think you should give him a chance to explain himself.” She said, finally coming out of her trance.

I widened my eyes in shock. “Are you kidding me?! No! He’s just going to do the same shiitt over again.”

She shrugged. “Maybe he’s willing to change for you.” And she turned back to her cartoons.