Chapter 5 : Annyeong Korea!

"Han, take care of yourself. We are not there to always remind you," My father told me. It's 3:00 pm and we are at the airport. They were saying goodbyes cause I will leave in a few minutes.

"Papa, I'm not a child anymore. I just graduated from college," I pouted.

"I know, I know. It's just that... --aah, nevermind. Oh! How about if we joined you? C'mon! Let's book a flight," Whaaaat? Is he okay??

My mother joined the conversation.

"Honey, relax! Our Hanna is old enough. She can take care of herself. Okay? Right sweetie?" She turned her head at me and I nodded.

"Let her enjoy her trip there. ALONE," She added and emphasized the word 'alone'.

Papa released a sigh. "Just call me when you get there, okay."

Alex and Lian also bid goodbyes and asked me to bring them home many souvenirs.

It's Nikko's turn.

He went near me and held my shoulders.

"Hanna, my dear, Hanna. Don't forget me when you get there huh? Souvenirs! Kidding. --I'm still more handsome than those Korean men. Hah!" He smiled playfully then he winked at me.

I looked at him deadly. But later on, laughed with his silly remark.

He cleared his throat. And made an earnest face.

"Ehem.. but seriously, keep safe ayt? I know you will. Call me often and please, don't skip your meals."

I smiled. "Yes Niks. Noted," And I chuckled.

As a finale, I hugged tightly each of them. When I get to the last hug from my mother, she whispered, "hope you find your happiness."

I thanked her. I hope so too, mama.

After a not so dramatic au revoir, I turned my back and started to walk.

"Have a safe trip!" They all chortled.

I turned around and smiled wholeheartedly. I waved my hand that holds my ticket as I walk away.

***

"Ready for take-off."

I peeked at the window. It's getting dark. And the city lights are taking over.

Sighs. Earlier, it was the 'now boarding'...

Time flies so fast. And after almost 4 hours of flight, finally.

Breathe, gurl.

Heck, I'm freaking nervous! I'm gonna be in South Korea. Oh my gosh. I'm really excited! Here I come!!!!

The first thing that I did when I reached this lovely place was to take a selfie or selca- in Korean term. I called my parents to let them know that I landed safe. Then, I hired a cab to drive me to the hotel that I'll be staying. 

I rested for about 30 minutes. I'm so excited to witness the beauty of Seoul. I won't wast time! Therefore, I went out.

I am walking in the busy streets of Seoul. While taking a detour, I decided to go in a night market. Since I heard that it is just nearby. I walked and walked 'till I get there. I really enjoyed a lot. Theres so many choices of food... it is hard to choose. Meh, too many spicy dishes also. My tongue was burnt!

After a few hours of walking, I got tired. So I decided to go back.

But I don't know how. All I remember is that I passed by a park. I just brought my phone and wallet. And my phone is dead! What the hell? I don't really speak Korean and I can barely read hangul.. I also forgot the name of the hotel! I just remembered that it is just nearby a park and a coffe shop! Shit. Darn, how did I became stupid???

I want to cry..

Ah! I'll go ask some stranger. I'll be watching some people...

It's been around 10 minutes.. I'm looking for a stranger who looks nice but I can't find a timing. Whenever I try to approach them, either each of them seems to find a way to avoid me or I'm getting a feeling of shyness towards them.

Whatever!

I'm gonna close my eyes. If I open it, the first person that I will see, will be the one that I'm going to ask for direction. Okay.

I shut my eyes...

1
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
3
.
.
.

Now, Im gonna open it.

Viola!

I saw a tall guy walking.. he is really covered thus I can't even see his face. He wears a face mask, a thick hoodie and a cap. And it's already dark so, yeah. It wouldn't help.

"Aja! Hanna! You can do this," I'm mentally cheering myself as I walked behind him. Looks like he doesn't notice---until I figured out... he's wearing earphones.

Great. Just great.

I went in front. He seemed shocked. His body were tensed. He took off his earphones, so I grab the chance to talk.. "Annyeong haseyo!" then I bowed. "Uh, hello ku---" Nye? I was about to say kuya. Lol at me. "Hello sir / mister, ahjussi," I can't call him oppa. It feels awkward..

He didn't say a word. What was he thinking? I continued. "Can you lead me the way to the park? If it's okay?" I'm using my charm right now. I'm pulling off a lot of aegyos. I wish it would work.

He cleared his throat. He shooked his head and signalled his both hands like dismissing. "Aniyo."

Why wouldn't he help me? I badly need a good samaritan here!

"Please, sir?"

----