3 : Summer Funk Party

Start from the beginning

A screech and a drag of the elevator made us jump around like it was an earthquake. This was too much! 

Great.

So the scene here is that I'm stuck in a bear costume with dry tears AND a hot neighbor in an elevator with no air conditioner.

Just great.

A couple of minutes passed and I was still in that bear suit, as still as a rock, drenched in sticky sweat. The humiliation I felt stopped me from removing the stupid costume, no matter how uncomfortable it was. Diego walked around the elevator fanning himself with the piece of paper and breathing fast. Then came the moment, I would have dreaded ONLY IF it happened.

He unbuttoned his maroon linen shirt. First the top one.

Then the second.

And then the third, which more fumbling done than removing.

Then he ripped the whole shirt open and pulled the sleeves with was stuck to his muscular arms to reveal his over-sized tattoo and which was beautiful and mesmerizing. His body was glistening with sweat under the light as he exhaled loudly from his mouth.

Then he looked to me. And then walked to me. "Hey! Take this off, won't you?" He tapped the little bear head. I just shook my head politely and rejected his offer of revealing myself. He continued walking around the small elevator and whipping his shirt around his arm continuously. Honestly, I was sweating inside as well but I could take it so that I can protect myself from embarrassing myself even more.

But then he slammed his arm onto that metal banister and with his other arm, he removed his belt and then removing his button and THEN zipping down his zipper. I couldn't take this anymore so I just removed my bear head immediately and screamed at him.

"Don't! don't you dare take that off!" I said as I pointed that head towards him and pushed my glasses back.

"Shit!" He cursed under his breath. "I'm sorry!" He put put his belt back on and slipped the shirt back on his shoulders without buttoning it.

"I thought you were a guy." He murmured. I glared at him, shook my head and turned back to the lift doors, fanning myself with my paw just as how he had done it.

"Why don't you take that off? It's really hot!" I sighed, agreeing with myself without showing any sense of gratitude to him for giving me that idea.

I dropped the head onto the floor and reached for the zipper. I shook it around but I just wouldn't budge. I just gave up and leaned my head against the wall of the lift and feeling sorry for myself. Then suddenly I felt Inder's hands on my shoulder. I jumped and shook them off.

"Shall I help you?" He asked softly as he raised his hands up.

I nodded and gathered up my hair so that he could see. I felt the zipper going up and down, it seemed as if he was struggling as well. I felt so uncomfortable with his large hands on my body so I blew a soft raspberry. "Please hurry up!" I said impatiently.

He replied with a scoff, followed by a laugh.

He finally pulled the zip down and jerked the suit down, revealing my shoulders. Yes, it wasn't much but it revealed something. Then the lift jerked and then the ding of the of the elevator went off and the doors opened. I sent him a glare and pulled the sleeves up along with the bear costume.

"Hey, um-" He ruffled his hand across his hair. "Don't I know you from-?"

"No!" I said quickly which was more of a squeal than an actual word. There was no way I was going to let him know that I was the daughter of his "biggest" fan.

I ran out of the doors leaving the bear head behind.

And Diego without the knowledge of my name.

I shuffled my way to the library and skipped my counter to one of the fiction book shelves on the second floor. Since nobody was there, I quickly wiped my tears and removed the bear costume which was stuck to my clothes because of the sweat. My hair was in a complete mess but I didn't care, because I never care about what I look like to everybody else.

I sobbed a little and grabbed the costume, heading back to the reception desk to continue my daily work till I bumped into a largely built man wearing a maroon linen shirt. "Sorry." I mumbled still keeping my head down.

"Hi." He said. The familiar voice made my head jerk upwards to see his face when I realized it was Diego again. He smirked which made me blush in reply.

"Hi." I mumbled back when he lifted up the bear head and handed it back to me. "You forgot this."

"Thanks."

"Could you help me find a book?"

I shrugged my shoulders "What kind of book?"

"A book about a man released from prison after 8 years. Something like that." He smiled at me. My frown quickly turned into a smile and a nod. I walked over to the 3 shelf and ran my fingers across the books to find my favorite book that he would definitely be interested in.

The Catcher in the Rye.

I went back to Diego, who was still standing in the same position as before with his hands in his pocket, and handed him the book. He thanked me and hesitated a little before leaving.

"Bye." He said.

"Bye."

I watched him leave slowly and thought that it would be the last time that we would ever make any direct contact.

But it wasn't.

_______________________________________________________

QOTC : what's your favorite crime story and why?

For you readers who don't know what QOTC stands for, it's Question Of The Chapter, so comment your answers because I'd like to know you guys!

So what do you guys think of the party? What was your impression of those girls and let's not forget the heated scene in the elevator.

Vote and I'll give you a virtual bear hug. Come on, I know you want it!

Peace out,

~Imperfect Perfectionist ~

_______________________________________________________