Chapter 11

•Few Days Later •

•Few Days Later •

"Have a great day at work, I love you." Those words can't get out of my head whatsoever. I feel so stupid honestly, um.. because I am. Can you guess what my stupid response was!? "Thanks for the ride, I'll see you later maybe.. bye." What the hell Izzy?! I'm just so mad at myself right now, those words just couldn't come out of my mouth. I love you. It's not that I don't love him, it's just that I'm scared to say it. That last time I said those words I didn't mean it, and it just caused a lot of problems and a break up. My mind is a huge swirl of words and thoughts, things I'm mad about myself and things that would have been nice for me to say. I can't help but think that, maybe this relationship isn't for me.

No no what are you saying!? You're just scared of commitment, look Izzy.. don't push away a person that loves you. He told you he loves you, you should be happy about it, not over thinking it and wondering if you should say it back.. You should already know if you love him or not. My thoughts were right, God how I'm grateful for my thoughts. Imagine if I would have broken up with him? So stupid, that's the word of the day.. stupid, starting with the letter 'S'. I look at myself in the mirror before I smoothen my uniform and walk out of the house ready to head out to the office.

**
•Several Hours at Work •

"Isaeli, how are the numbers coming along? Good or at least stable? I know you've been working for this raise and promotion." I look up at my section manager for numbers and stats, he smiles at me. "The numbers have honestly stayed the same, there really hasn't been a huge increase. Numbers are still good though.", he slowly nods "And the stats for this month?" I look on my monitor, "We made a little less than last month but it's still good. There hasn't been a huge drop in profits." I look at him. "That's great, please get a copy of that on my desk so I can send it up to the big man." He explains to me. "Of course, I'll have it for you before I go to lunch.", he pats the top of the little wall of my cubicle.

"Alright, sounds good.. thank you." He says before walking off. So, to explain my job so that it's not too confusing. I work in a corporate office, it's the important of all important offices. We're in the headquarters of the Samsung Electronics, which brings in $44.9 billion dollars a year with a 10.5 billion dollars in operating profits. I'm in charge of numbers and profits, I went to college for a really long time just to be able sit in a cubicle. I make a good amount of money so, it's not bad. I'm really working for a promotion, I want to be one of the people that works on the floor just below the CEO.

I look over the files of profits and print them out, I look at the time and get myself ready to take my lunch. I slowly stand up and grab a vanilla folder and a paperclip. "Hey Isaeli, are you going to lunch?" I hear Gena, my friend of many years since I've worked here we were both interns. "Oh yeah, just have to set this on Kee's desk. Then I go to lunch." I tell her. Her hair is up in a bun and she has a beige blouse on and a black skirt with some flats. "I'll wait for you then." She nods, "Okay, right now.", "No problem." I get the printed papers and make sure they're neat, I use the paperclip before I set them in the vanilla folder and she walks with me to Mr Kee's office. I hope for this will be my office one day and then I'd want to go higher.