“Tell me she’s joking Maddy” Brooke responded calmly.

“Oh she is!” I replied.

“No, I’m not Brooke. You should see them together, they’re so cute”

“What, when did you see them together?” asked Isabelle.

“Yeah, when?” Hunter agreed.

“They were at the park together yesterday after school” Natasha giggled.

How did she know we were at the park yesterday? Ohmygosh, was she there? I didn’t see her there though. Maybe someone saw us and told her. I don’t even know why I’m freaking out; Carter and I were just talking after all.

“Aw, you cuties! But just a warning Mads, he’s a bad boy” Jonathan told me.

“Yeah Maddy. He’s trouble, you should stay away from him” Hunter warned me, finally looking up.

“Hold up guys! Nothing is going on with me and Carter; we are just friends if anything at all. Actually I don’t even know if we are friends. I don’t even know if he likes me. Oh and Jonathan, please don’t call me Mads” I finished, glaring at him.

“Sorry” He muttered. I chuckled, he was too nice for his own good.

“Nope” I answered.

“Right” at that moment, the bell chose to ring.

“Come on Tasha, let’s go” I grinned, glad that they now know nothing is going on with Carter and I.

We got up, said goodbye to the others and left.

“Hey, where was Kaden today?” I asked as we were walking to English.

“Oh he’s sick”

“Ohh that’s not good” I hope he would be at school tomorrow, I liked him.

“Yeah” she agreed as we entered the classroom.

Oh and look who happened to be sitting at the back. Carter, of course. Right at that moment, he decided to look up directly at me. Natasha and I took the seats in front of him. Oh this period was going to be fun. *note the sarcasm*

I zoned out half way through the lesson. I could feel Carter staring at me from behind. Sometimes I just know when people are staring at me, even if they aren’t facing me. I had to get out of here.

“Um, excuse me” I blurted out, oh I was going to regret this.

“What could be so important for you to interrupt my lesson Ms. Roberts?” Mr. Woods snapped at me. Everyone was now turned my way, expecting a reply.

“I have to pee” I answered simply

“Okay, well make it quick”

I got up and left the classroom in a hurry. Anything to get away from Carter staring at me. I sat down in the silent hallways, just sitting, doing absolutely nothing. At least I wasn’t in the same room as Carter anymore. I couldn’t handle him staring at me throughout the whole period, why was he staring anyway?

This is the time where I regret wearing heels today. Ugh, they were really starting to hurt my feet. I slipped them off my feet and placed them beside me. I crossed my legs, now that felt a lot better.

“I thought girls liked heels?” I heard a voice next to me. I looked up to see Carter. Why am I not surprised to see him? He sat down beside me.

“We do but they hurt like a bitch” I explained.

“Ohh, the good girl swears” He murmured.

"Haha shut up" i smiled.

“I will never understand girls. I mean why do they wear high heels if they hurt your feet?” he asked.

“They do it to impress guys” I told him.

“What about you? Do you wear them to impress guys?” oh now this is getting awkward. I looked down. Did he seriously just ask me that? What am I meant to say?

“Um, no. I wear it because it’s stylish. What are you doing here anyway?  You are stalking me, aren’t you?” I pointed my finger at him. “First the park and now this”

“I don’t like you that much Madison.” That much? Wait, what’d he just say?

“Whatever you say Carter” I sighed.

I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.

I got a love and I know that it's all mine. Oh, oh, oh, oh.

 “No comment on the ringtone” laughed Carter. I grabbed my phone and checked the message.

“Ohmygosh, I am going to murder my brother!” I yelled, while getting up.

“what’d he do?” Carter asked.

“You don’t wanna know” I answered.

“Yeah I totally asked you because I don’t wanna know” he smirked at me.

“Ugh, you and your sarcasm!” I grunted, leaving him alone in the hallway.

“You know you love it!” he called after me.

I decided to text Damon

Damon, where are you? when I find you, you are so dead! :)

I added a smiley face, that made me feel a bit better.