Jake's Doppelganger

To a normal person, sitting alone in the pediatrics wing of Atlanta Midtown Hospital would be boring. Thank goodness I wasn't normal. Or maybe I was normal and I was only here for the Vampire Diaries Season 6 DVD I had found in the VCR...

"He didn't. He's all merged, he's packed, and he's on his way to Portland." Damon said through the TV screen.

Then my favorite character, Kai Parker, popped up and I grinned as I took in his angelic features.

"Ooh! Forgot how massive this house was. Ah! Yum, cupcakes!" Kai said happily.

I chuckled at his antics, stuffing a Cheeto Puff into my mouth.

"Why do you have to be so cute, Kai?!" I whined as I sat cross-legged in front of the mini flat-screen TV.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash behind me, making me jump and my bag of Cheeto Puffs go straight into the air. I whipped my head around just in time to see Jake lying on the carpet, Lego blocks scattered around him. He sat up and smiled at me but I returned it with an angry glare as Cheeto Puffs rained down on the both of us getting cheese powder in my hair.

"Sorry?" he ventured, picking himself up from the floor to sit down beside me.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Sorry doesn't sweeten my tea."

He arched an eyebrow at me in confusion.

"What does that even mean?" he asked.

"Oh, come on, didn't you watch Drake and Josh as a kid? I mean, seriously? That show was epic. Much better than what they play nowadays..." I muttered

"Well, in case you haven't figured out by now: I'm a sociopath," Kai said solemnly.

A laugh escaped my lips as I continued to watch the show.

"I like being a sociopath. You know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love. So then this merge happened with my brother, Luke. And I won. Which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died..."

"AWWWWWWWW!!! MY POOR BABY!"I wailed.

Jake shifted beside me uncomfortably and I noticed his eyes were glued to the screen, just watching Kai.

"Hey....do you think- No, it couldn't be..." Jake said and I turned my head to look at him.

"What?" I asked him, oblivious.

"Why does he look like me? Is- don't you think? Don't you think he looks like me?"

I looked at Kai on the screen and then back to Jake. I did this two or three times before it finally hit me.

"OH MY GOSH, JAKE, YOU'RE HIS DOPPELGANGER!!" I cried out all of a sudden, startling Jake.

Jake just gave me an "are-you-kidding-me?" look before opening up one of the unopened chip bags beside him.

"It's true, though! You're right! You look like him!" I chirped, snatching the bag of Doritos from him.

He protested but I just shushed him.

"You're his doppelganger living in an alternate universe...."I said and then gasped, "Wait! What if this is your prison world? Oh my goodness, JAKE, YOU'RE IN A PRISON WORLD!"

"And this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? Like -like water just-just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids." Kai spoke again, sadness in his voice.

"Okay, that's it," he said and clicked off the TV.

"NO! KAI-KAI BEAR!" I wailed again, louder this time.

Jake slapped a hand over my mouth to shut me up and I gave him the evil eye.

"Apparently it was a bad suggestion to send you to pediatrics to have fun..." he mumbled, hauling me out of the room by my arm as I cried out for my beloved sociopath.

Note: Oh and I actually do nickname him Kai-Kai Bear in case anyone was wondering haha XD