I Always Win

Katie looked over at Jake for the millionth time and I scowled. Honestly, he was my boyfriend, not hers. But ever since Jake was nice enough to help her find her dumb kid, she had taken his kindness as flirting. I crossed my arms over my chest as she twirled her hair. Jake was oblivious to it though as he changed out of his sweaty t-shirt.

That's it, I can't take anymore of this, I thought to myself as I marched over to Katie.

"Hey, Katie. We need to talk," I said politely as she turned to me.

She arched an eyebrow, "Oh really? Well, about what? I'm busy."

I scoffed at that but let it slide.

"Look, I know that Jake helped you out a lot - finding Quentin and all - but he's still my boyfriend and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't keep gawking at him."

"Is that so? Well, let me tell you something, Melanie, he might be your boyfriend but that doesn't mean I can't look at him. Besides that, it doesn't even matter if you're dating him now because in a few short weeks, he'll be MY new boyfriend," she snapped, making me fume with anger, "After all, we are locked up here for the time being. How long do you think it's really gonna take for him to get sick of you?"

It took all of the strength I had in me not to punch her in the nose for that statement. I love Jake with all my heart and you can bet that no one - especially not Katie Frank - is going to take him away from me.

I turned my head back around. Jake was still shirtless, his chest glistening with sweat as he sifted through his few pairs of clothing. Suddenly, making my mind up on what to do, I strode over to Jake and grabbed his face in my hands. I smashed my lips into his and his lips automatically moved with mine. His lips tasted like cotton candy and were as soft as velvet. His arms wrapped around my tiny frame and I snaked my hands up to his neck, tangling themselves in his dark brown hair.

I felt fireworks as he deepened the kiss befoer someone cleared their throat, making us slowly break apart. My eyes drifted over to a fuming Katie. I smirked at her triumphantly as she huffed and stomped out of the room. A laugh escaped my mouth as I looked up into Jake's oceanic eyes.

He brushed a stray strand of hair from my face and his lips grazed my jaw. He rested his forehead on mine and held me tightly, rubbing his hands up and down my back.

"Do I even wanna know what that was about?" he teased me, chuckling.

I shook my head, smirking at him.

"Oh, I just won something, that's all." I said mysteriously.

He just laughed at me and I lied my head on his bare chest. His heart beat steadily in my ear and I smiled. I always win.