The Process of Healing

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

Shinra went on to tell me all about my injuries and what the healing process would be like. It was the basic get lots of rest and some pain meds. As for what my actual injuries are, well a few cracked ribs, a few bone fractures in my arms and legs, cuts and bruises everywhere and of course let's not forget a broken leg. I should probably be thankful that it wasn't worse, but that's easier said than done. Eventually after talking to me for a while, Shinra left me alone for a while to let me get some more rest. I couldn't really say when but at some point I managed to fall asleep.

~Izaya's P.O.V. ~

It was around mid-day by now, admittedly I really slept in this morning after what happened last night. So I was just now getting to Shinra's to see (y/n), taking a deep breath I knocked on the door. Shinra opened the door not long after.

"Oh hey Izaya, you're here for-" I interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

"Yeah I am, so how is she doing. It wasn't too awfully bad was it?"

"She's fine for now, it could have been a lot worse. Probably the worst thing is that her left leg was broken, but all she really needs now is some time, lots of pain meds and plenty of rest for everything to heal. Come on in, she's in the guest bedroom if you want to talk to her." Words could not express how thankful I was to hear that it wasn't too serious. Nodding I walked past Shinra heading straight for the guest bedroom, I hesitated before opening the door for a second or two. Once again I took a deep breath before slowly opening the door. I smiled a bit when I saw that (y/n) was sleeping soundly. She was so cute when she was sleeping, so I didn't want to wake her. Moving over to the side of the bed, I looked down at (y/n) and gently stroked her hair, twirling a lock around my finger. (Y/n) stirred a bit in her sleep, chuckling I moved my hand away from her as her eyes slowly opened.

"Why hello there sleeping beauty.~ You feeling alright, well all things considering?"

" I-Izaya?...........Yeah, I'm alright, everything still kind of hurts, though."

"That's good to hear, but I don't think you should be staying home alone. So.........why don't you stay with me, at least until you can walk again."

"Ummm I don't have much of a choice, don't I? So sure I guess, oh and speaking of which one of those guys mentioned you.........did you know them at all?"

"No, I can't say that I knew them. But still, whoever they were I'm going to make them pay for they did."

"Wait Izaya, you don't have to do that. I mean you already did enough, Shinra told me what you did. That you were the one that helped me."

(Y/n) sat up a bit, propping herself up on her elbows. I carefully wrapped my arms around her, scooping her up into a sitting position, hugging her lightly. "Yeah, I'm pretty awesome aren't I, I saved you. But then again how could I not save my favorite human?"

"Your.....favorite human?

"Why, who else would be my favorite. It's definitely not Shizu-chan, my dear." I pulled her closer to me, burying my nose in her hair. I smiled when I felt her arms slowly wrap around me as well. We stayed like this for quite some time, that was until Shinra decided to ruin it.

"Hey Iza....ya, ummmm don't mind me but ummm (Y/n) it's time for more pain meds."

~(Y/N) P.O.V~

All that happened a few days ago and for the most part, nothing much has happened since then. Staying with Izaya has been..........an experience in a way. Although like I said not much has happened Izaya, for the most part, seemed to be working or that is what I assume he's doing. He is constantly on the computer, taking calls and so on and so forth. So that leaves me watching TV, exciting I know, but other than that there is not much to do you know seeing as I can't walk right now. I do have crutches but still moving around isn't easy and they will take some more getting used to.

~A/N~

Oh hey look at that I'm not dead and have finally stopped being a lazy waste of space and finished writing this chapter since like forever. But anyway sorry to all of you who have been waiting for such a long time and lets hope that I will stop putting it off this long in the future and when school starts back I might try to set up a schedule kind of like I had when I started this story so like once a week or every other week. But I can be quite lazy so don't get your hopes up too much for that.