Chapter 24: My Father, The Tyrant: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Jen?" I heard my mothers timid voice from behind the door and my body relaxed but Shawn still seemed to be tense.

I don't know what happened but when I saw my mother, tears ran down my face and I ran to her, needing her comfort.

She opened her arms willingly and squeezed me tight to her chest sighing.

"Jen, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for what happened to you."

I shook my head, telling her it wasn't her fault.

She gasped suddenly and let go of me, looking at something behind me with large eyes.

I looked back to see Shawn rubbing his neck and smiling sheepishly at my mother.

My mother looked at him with fear and I immediately stepped in between them and smiled at my mother.

"Mom, I'd like you to meet my mate, Shawn King." Shawn looked at me with a small smile on his face, his eyes shining in happiness.

"His eyes, they're different?" She said whispering, her head tilting to the side.

"It's a long story mom, I'll tell you some other day okay?"

I let out a loud breath. "Dad is here."

"I know. I came to warn you. He's brought friends. Other Alphas from the packs that...um...Shawn had raided. I heard them talking."

Shawn looked at me with concern and I immediately got to work.

"Okay mom I'm sorry I can't explain anything but we have to go." I grabbed Shawn's suitcase and Shawn grabbed mine and we headed downstairs.

I grabbed the keys to Shawn's car and opened the door as Shawn loaded the suitcases inside. He opened the door to the driver side holding out his hand for the keys and I looked at him in disbelief.

"I don't think so." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"What? Why!" He whined.

I looked at his chest pointedly. "Um...you're injured." I rolled my eyes and pushed him towards the passenger side. He threw his good side hand in the air but sat in the seat crossing his arms and not looking at me.

I chuckled at his expression. "Aww, is someone mad at me."

I threw the car in drive, my laughter filling the car but then it suddenly stopped as I saw my father standing in the way of our escape.

I slammed on the brakes, my body jerking forward.

My eyes connected with the man who started all of this. I guess I couldn't hate him, he brought me my mate but he was still an asshole.

I glared at him, my eyes twitching with anger and everything he did came crashing down on me.

He was the one who brought Shawn, well not really Shawn, here. He was the one who left after he left a callous man in charge of his pack. My pack.

I shouldn't even call him my father, I should call him what I really think of him, a monster. He is the enemy of my pack.

I stepped on the gas pedal, my face determined. I could see Shawn squirming in his seat from the corner of my eyes.