Chapter One: Anything Can Happen

The rhythm of my muscles was therapeutic as I walked down West 46th street. People blurred by to do their daily lives, seeing nothing out of the young brunette that they had passed. They were much too busy and that's how I liked it.

Call me a wallflower, if you will, but thinking up back stories of the people I passed was a game I never tired of. Despite the fact I was fifteen and much to old for games.

Maybe the older lady dressed in white used to be a model. Maybe she fell in love when she was young and had her heart ripped away.

Maybe the balding man in the suit had a troublesome daughter at home. Maybe he had lost his wife in an accident.

What if that taxi driver had just lost his cousin. What if he was supporting his child while she was at college. Maybe she was the first in her family to go to college.

These thoughts came the second I saw them and faded away as soon they left my sight. It was a fun way to never get bored and helped whenever I was in the mood to write.

One day, I hoped to see my name on a New York Times Bestseller. I couldn't wait to see the excitement in a young girls eyes as she caught sight of her favorite author, Lark Evens. I smiled to myself, caught in the daydream.

And of course I hadn't been paying attention. So what happens in crowded New York? Yah I bumped I to someone. And the curse word that came out as I hit my ass on the concrete was not lady like, at all.

"Are you okay?"

Was I okay? I have a bruised buttox and your fine? A bit ticked, I looked up at the man. He had brown eyes, darker skin than my own, and a lot of hair. Like pigtail level of hair.

And everything clicked. This is Lin Manuel Miranda, Instantly any anger faded away as star-struckness took its place. I decided to try to play it cool.

"Ah yah. I'm fine." I said still on the floor. Lin held out a hand to help me up which I took while trying not to squeal or ridiculously smile.

"Thanks." I said awkwardly trying to figure out what to do in this situation. I barely knew how to talk to normal people, let alone international icons.

"I am sorry about knocking you down." Lin went on.

"No, it's chill. I was daydreaming and wasn't paying attention," I assured him. "I'm gonna go, you're probably busy so.."

"Oh okay," the Linnamon roll said, slightly confused. I waved and ducked bye.

Oh god. That was dreadful. I was dreadful. Why can't I talk to people? I innerly groan at the cringyness of that conversation. I looked at the people around me and tried to delve into their lives instead of mine.

Maybe the black teenage boy I just passed was an honor student and was a star athlete at his school.

Maybe the six year old with her mom dreamed of being an artist. Maybe her father didn't agree but kept hope that her dream would change.

That calmed me and I took a deep breathe. I decided to take out my phone and plugged in my ear buds. I went to Spotify and went to my musical playlist. I hit shuffle and instantly my eyes flickered like lightbulbs. Guns and Ships began to play and I controlled the urge to rap with Lafayette. It took forever to get it down but the practice paid off. I was able to rap just as fast as Daveed in this part. My diction wasn't as good but take what you get.

It was almost ironic that Hamilton would play right after I met the creator.

But I'd probably never see him in real life again. And that made my heart sink.

Word count: 662

Very short, I know, but there shall be more. This is dedicated to @TumblrBooklover15 for inspiring me to write it and loving the snippet I sent to her. If you have any questions or critiques just comment or message is them.

Ever yours, hlwing