Chapter 1

Levy's POV

When I was 10 my mother died in a horrible car accident it was a hit and run and we still don't know who did it.

My house rested in the middle of two hills on the other side of one was my neighbors house and on the top of this hill was a willow tree witch was my normal spot to go to when I was sad or upset because I was bullied in school.

After my mothers funeral I ran away from my dad for a short while to sit under this tree however when when I got there I saw a certain someone sitting there.

His hair was long for only being 10 years old and it was black like the night sky that surrounded us. I wouldn't have been able to see him if it wasn't for his tan skin.

He laid there almost asleep. I kicked him to get his attention.

"Hey! What was that for!" He yelled at me.

"This is my property"! I called out towards him.

"No it's not! The property splits right here" he says as he points to the center of the tree.

"Fine you have to stay on your side" I said Pointing to the opposite side.

"That's no fun" he said with a pout. "What's your name, let's be friends". He said as he held his hand.

"Fine" I said as I shook his hand.

"My name is Gajeel"

"And I'm levy"

Ever since then we have been friends, until high school. He became mister popular hanging out with this group that called them selves the dragon slayers.

You had the blonde idiot, the dark one that was actually a softy, the bully and the most annoying one was a pink haired one that always acted like hot stuff.

And I. I shut him out I shut everyone out including my friend Lucy but I didn't care just as long as I could read my books. My books were every thing to me.

However I felt so weak because I could t even keep a Book safe.

Laxas, Natsu, and sting were all gajeel a friends but they approached me from were I was sitting in class one day. I looked up and saw Laxas hovering over me. Watching me read.

"What's your deal with your books and not talking to anyone. Do ya think your better than us" said the blonde one with a lightning scar.

"Yeah we should teach her a lesson" said the blonde idiot.

The one with a lightning scar then picked up the book that my mother bought me before she died. He pulled out a lighter.

"What do ya think should I burn it"

The others agreed with each other but I sat down tears forming in my eyes.

Just as he held the lighter up Gajeel ran up behind them waking the two behind him and hit them in the head.

"Laxas! What do ya think yer doin".

Laxas just rolled his eyes and sat the book down afraid of Gajeel.

"Hey shrimp-" he wasn't able to finish his sentence because I got up and ran out of the class room. No I ran out of the school.

It wasn't a long walk home but it still killed my short legs.

Gajeel was able to catch up with me quick though with him being so much more taller than me.

"Hey shrimp"! He called out.

"What do ya want" I asked in almost a whisper.

"I want you do follow me" he said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me up to the old willow tree witch I haven't been to in years.

We sat up against the tree. I was very annoyed with him but yet at the same time I was glad to finally be back with my best friend.

"So now what" I asked

He grabbed me and pulled me close to him. I blushed and be blushed too.

"I wanna catch up with ya mean it's been 3 years".

"Heh well a lot has happened I don't know if I should tell you it's kinda personal". I said fiddling with my fingers.

"You can tell me anything, shrimp". He said In a low and raspy voice. Pulling me tighter.

"Okay, well my dad he well um- " I was cut off by Gajeel.

"Yeah, I know" he said as he pulled me even closer "I'm so sorry"

My dad became an alcoholic about three years ago and Gajeel probably does know because of the way he treats me you can hear the fights that go on at 2 o'clock in the morning so that's probably how Gajeel knows.

We became silent and fell asleep there next to each other.

I woke up and checked my phone and saw that it was 11:00 pm. Oh no I thought my father is going to kill me.

Gajeel was awake as well. " wait before ya leave we should get a selfie". He said as I grabbed my phone and used the camera app.

As I took the photo I felt something press against my cheeks. when I looked at the photo and I had realized that Gajeel had kissed my cheek.

I got up and mumbled "Baka" at Gajeel but instead he gave me his signature "gihi" laugh while I hurried home.

I opened the door and had hoped that my father had fallen asleep but instead he was right there waiting for me.

"Where were you" he said as he grabbed my wrist. You could smell the booze on him so you knew that he was drunk.

"I-I was at the willow tree" I said speaking the truth.

"Yeah but who were you with" he said squeezing my wrist harder.

"N-no one I swear" I lied.

"Stop lieing to me girl. I knew you were with that boy of yers" he said as he grabbed my wrist so hard that it left a bruise then pushed me up the stairs.

I escaped his hold and went up stairs. I looked at the picture of me and Gajeel. I loved it so much I was tempted to hang it. But it was late so I tried to get some sleep because I would need it for tomorrow.

(Hello baby dragons this story left off on a sad note but it'll get a lot happier for levy-kin I promise)

Nerdy_4_Life I know that ya wanted a new gajevy fan fic so I wrote ya one plz enjoy
lacy and emma was here hi what's up