I'm Here... (LokixOC)

'-beep beep-'

Serena sleep state is disturbed by her mobile sound going off,indicating a text message has been received. Slowly, she stirs from her unconscious state and turns her head to her mobile on the bed side desk. Picking it up, she sees from her blurred vision from the name imprint on the mobile screen that it's Raymond, her brother.

"Call me Serena, it's urgent.xxx"

Alerted immediately, Serena spiked and sat up out of her bed. She quickly scrolled down through her contacts in her mobile and dialed her brothers phone. He picks up instantaneously.

"Hey sis..."

"Hi Ray, what's the urgency?"

"Emm....-sniff-" in a shaky tone.

Serena stood up from her bed, her body tensing from sensing out the state her brother is in.

"What is it ,Ray?"

"Sis, it's mum..she's ehh .....em,,"

"Is she OK? Ray?!" Serena feeling increasingly concerned.

Serena overhears Ray sobbing and giving his mobile to someone else.

"Hello Serena, it's me."

"Aunty Kate? What's going on? Is Ray alright? What is he trying saying about mum??" Serena's voice quickens with fear of the situation.

"Ray is alright sweetheart, it's your mother though.....she..passed away early this morning..."

Numb.everything went numb in that instant moment within Serena. The news crashed in like a tsunami, destroying hope and belief that her mother would make a recovery after a bad infection she contracted, but with having cancer too the odds of her mothers survival were slim, even with her in hospital receiving the medical attention her mother needed.

"Wha....what?.." Serena's voice cracked from her growing grief within her.

"Your mother passed away sweetheart.....I'm so sorry..." Kate's breath was held against her with grief also.

Tears began to steam down Serena's face as she lost control to hold her mobile to her ear anymore,letting it drop to the ground. She fell to her knees as grief overtook her and screamed to the high heavens 'no' in disbelief that her mother,the most loving person in her life was gone,taken away from her.

Crashing back into reality, Serena opened her sore and watery eyes. She envisioned that moment when the news happened as she stood over her mothers grave. She was alone, with no one else in the cemetery at a early time in the day. She told no one that she would be visiting the grave today alone as she didn't want anyone getting worried or sobbing over her. Space to grieve and remember on her own was needed...

Serena kept her eyes on the bunch of multicolored flowers she got for her mothers grave, a sentimental bunch for the season of summer as the month of June continued on. She tried her best to remember good memories,the good ol' times, but recent memories and events of her mothers pain and ordeal clouded them. Serena looked away from the flowers, looking around the considerably small cemetery to see if anyone was around or if she was still alone. Not a soul was insight as she looked around her. Bringing her attention back to her mothers grave, she began to talk to her.

"Mum oh mum,..'sigh' it's been a week already since you've gone now, but it feels like an eternity to me. We and you knew this day would come because of your cancer, but not this soon. I wish so bad things could have been different, that you didn't get that bloody infection in the first place. It was too unfortunate on you mum, too unfair to call, but I remember you saying to me-" she stopped by a suddenly sense that someone was near her. From the corner of her eye she could see half a figure in a long dark coat and a vivid but dark colored green scarf.

"Please go on, I do not mean to intrude..."

A silky but toned down,almost British but elegant male voice filled Serena's ears as he talked. She swallowed,looking down to the ground before slowly looking up at the direction of where the male voice was coming from. Rising her head all the way up, she made eye contact with a pair of unique blue colored set of eyes, then taking in his facial features which were perfect, his hair was raven black as it loosed down around his shoulders but spiked up a little at the ends. He was fairly taller than Serena from where he was standing a few feet away from her. He had his hands in the pockets of a grey and black colored long coat, a mystic green scarf hung loose around the back of his neck. He looked sincere at Serena as she began to look confused at the handsomely yet devilish looking man,furrowing her eyebrows.

"Sorry....actually I do mean to intrude my dear."

Serena's eyes widened in alert as to say 'wait,do I know this guy?'

"I know you are going through a very difficult time darling and I wish to give you my deepest condolences and sympathies to you in person.

"Emm...thank you. I'm sorry sir,but do I know you?" Serena shifted a little from where she was standing.

"No, but you need someone, someone that can relate to you."

"Relate to me in what?"

"Relate to someone who's beloved mother was taken away from them."

Serena open mouthed in surprise,but kept her guard up as the man made a few paces closer to Serena.

"And...are you that someone that can relate to me?"

"Yes darling. My mother was taken away from me too."

Feeling confident yet a little scared by the mans openness towards her,she took a deep breath.

"What is your name sir?"

"I am Loki of Asgard."

'Loki? As in the god Loki from Norse mythology? Bullshit...'

"Loki, I am Serena, Serena of....Dublin?" feeling awkward, she tried her best to be courteous and give the same name give out as Loki.

Loki smiled at Serena." I know who you are Serena, I have been watching over you this past while ever since your mother passed on."

Serena freaks out a little thinking 'how and why is he watching over me?!'  She backed away from him, Loki looking sympathetic and concerned.

"I am not who you think I am. I only wish to help you through this difficult time."

Serena hunched a little,uneasiness crept into her. "And why would you want to help me,Loki?"

" because a beautiful young woman like yourself should not feel alone in these events, even though you have family and friends."

The way he said she was beautiful to her made Serena melt a little inside, but kept her guard up still, 'this guy could be talking bullshit for all I know, but theirs something about him..' she thought.

"If you think you can smooth talk into my emotions you are dearly mistaken, and IF you are Loki that would deem you the God of Mischief, Lies and Trickery."

Loki became a little infuriated, but kept himself composed. He was impressed by her knowledge of his title.

"You know me well already then so it seems, but that title does not have anything to do with this moment, right here right now. Please let me help you.."

Serena starts to back away from Loki, feeling increasingly uneasy with the developing situation.

"I-I'm sorry I have to go now."

Serena turns away from Loki and quickens her walking pace. A moment later, she feels her left wrist being grabbed by another hand. Turning her head around,  it's Loki's firm, cold feeling hand that holds her wrist.

"What are you doing!?! Let go of-"

Before she could finish the sentence, Loki pulled her over not harshly but strongly into him.He embraced her in for a hug. Long strong arm hugged around Serena as she tried her best to escape, but quickly ceased her efforts of doing so before she began to breakdown from her deep breath sobs.

"You do not need to be alone anymore Serena, I am here...."

Fin.