All Alone

_____________________
Nico's POV

I tapped my feet against the floor to the rhythm of an MCR song while I waited for my turn at the cash register.

I had been waiting at this outlet of McDonald's for the past 18 minutes which is 6 My Chemical Romance songs long. Sure that might not be so long for a lot of people but for a person with a relapsing anger issue, it's torture!

The employee at the cash register was probably the proud holder of an IQ less than a peanut.
She was constantly messing up the orders, giving out her number to nearly everyone in the queue! I swear she even gave it to a married old lady! She kept yapping over her headset to the other employees and was basically doing cartwheels on my last nerve!

I only had 4 people in front of me and I was still in control of my anger, which meant that music therapy was working.

After Miss Tiny Brain at the counter gave a vegan-who had been telling her that she was a vegan since her order started 4 minutes ago- a 'Chicken' Caeser Salad

After Miss Tiny Brain at the counter gave a vegan-who had been telling her that she was a vegan since her order started 4 minutes ago- a 'Chicken' Caeser Salad. It was finally my turn.

"Heyy-Loww Mr. Hot stuff" Tiny Brain tried flirting obnoxiously.

I ignored her purposely and started reciting my well-awaited order.

"A Happy Meal with Nuggets and chocolate milk." I said in a monotone.

I noticed her slight irritation and added, "You get my order right and I might just give you my number." I winked for more effect.

This made her put on a smile and go about actually doing her job. What a desperate chick! I moved aside to the pickup counter and waited for my food. I removed my earphones because I didn't need to control my anger anymore.

I couldn't help notice the girl behind me, She had purple highlights in her hair and black ray ban glasses on her face. She was wearing a white crop top that had small strokes of salmon, turquoise, bright yellow and lavender with a pair of high-waisted denim shorts and black classic converse. She had a few fake tattoos on her arm and her skateboard was propped against the counter table.

It was hard not to notice her, I mean she looked like a walking highlighter!

"I'd like a happy meal with a beef burger and orange juice please."

Orange juice? Bleh! "Aren't you a bit too old to have a Happy meal? Would you like a toy for 3-year-olds with it?" Ms. Tiny Brain asked Ms. Walking Highlighter.

As much as I despised orange juice I had to step in because I was a fellow happy meal lover myself and if Ms. Tiny Brain over there had no problem in giving me a happy meal then she shouldn't have a problem in giving one to a girl my age.

"You can never be too old to enjoy a good happy meal" I defended her. The cashier secretly known as Tiny Brain looked taken aback by my answer and shut her overflowing sewage of a mouth.