Chapter 17

Derrik's POV-

I haven't been to school the sight of her I couldn't bear. I need her. It gets worse every night. Caden had her Dylan told me so. What was He going to do to her? I killed his father. Was he going to kill her?! I can't let him. I need her. I need to be with her. I kicked the chair out from under me.

Selena's POV-

Tuesday Another Day To go to school. Yay. Something seemed off though. I didn't know what it was. Might have been my magic getting stronger? I decided not to tell anyone about my magic because they might think I'm crazy.

Once Caden left the room I tried to see how this magic worked and what I could do with it. On the desk was a coin. I closed my eyes and blocked everything out. The coin was my only thought. My only thought was the coin. I imagined the coin levitating. Then making its way slowly towards me.

The door slammed. I opened my eyes and the noise of a single going hitting the floor filled the room.

I looked on the floor and there it was a spinning coin. It worked?!

"What was that?!" Caden asked unbelieved by what he had just seen.

"What was what?" I was trying to play dumb I can't let him know.

"Are you a witch or something?!"

"No! I'm not a witch I swear!" What do I do, what do I do?

"You Witch!"

"I'm not a witch please believe me!"

"If your not a witch then why do you have magic!"

"I was born with it! The moon goddess told me so!"

He backed down, my throat was getting sore. I never really screamed at anyone that way.

"What else can you do with It?" he asked trying to make a normal conversation out of this.

"That was the first time I ever tried to use it, you kinda disturbed my concentrating.

"Try It again then will you?"

I focused on the coin that layer on the floor. Erasing everything else from my mind. I slowed made the coin go in Dylan's Direction.

"I have the coin now you can stop," I kept my focus.

I set my focus on his wallet on the dresser and tried to levitate it. It took all of my mind strength to lift it not even an inch of the ground.

I dropped it when my head started to hurt.

"That was amazing Selena! If you keep training with your magic we could take over anything together!" He had his hands on my shoulders,a happy expression on his face.

"I don't want to use my magic like that, I want to use it for the good." I never want to do anything for the 'bad' side.

I jerked away from him and left to get dressed. I kept it simple today.

I wore black ripped skinny jeans, white converse, a Panic! at The Disco t-shirt, and a red and black flannel. I applied light make up, just mascara and lipgloss.

"I'm ready to go!" I yelled walking out of the bathroom into our room.

Before me stood Caden in nothing but his underwear.

I tried to but I couldn't look away.

Caden noticed me staring.

"Do you like what you see?" he raised an eyebrow at me amused.

I looked away as my face flushed red with embarrassment.

I looked back up a moment later and he was dressed. Thank God.

He had a really good body but that just shocked me.

"You ready to go to school now?" Caden asked me.

"I already told you I was but you were naked!"

"No no, I was not naked, I was shirtless and pants less."

"That's pretty much the same thing Caden," He's cute but annoying.

"You love me I know you do!" He put is arm around me as we walked out the door, this boy will be the death of my I swear.

"Sure I do!" I said sarcastically.

Dylan's POV-

How was I supposed to tell Selena? Derrik didn't even know she wasn't his mate... I know that it hasn't worn off yet, Selena is going to be heartbroken.

Selena's POV-

We walked into the school doors a bit earlier than everyone else. Not even the school nerds were here! A stressed Dylan sat down on a bench near the entrance.

"Thank God your here I need to tell you something Selena!" He looked torn.

"What do you need to tell me?!" I was honestly so worried.

"Derrik. He's um... well he's... Derrik is..."

"Just spit it out!"

"Derrik is dead!"