Chapter 18: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I still remember what he said. I remember it like it was just yesterday. He said, 'I kissed her because she was sad and I don't want her to be sad anymore. You were such an asshole to her, you know. I know everything you did to her. I know all about your heated make out sessions with little miss slut over here, who is Megan. I know all about the things you do that breaks Amber's heart. I know those things. And you know what, Xan? You don't deserve a sweet girl like Amber. She deserves someone better, somoene who'll treat her right.' Those were his words. I was beyond shocked when I heard those things come out of his mouth. I never thought that he knew the things myself only knew about." I said, glaring at the ground, tears escaping again.

You are such a slut; You keep hanging out with Drake when you're supposed to be hanging out with me; You keep going to Drake for comfort because you want his undivided attention; You are such an insufferable bitch; You hoe!; I hate you, you fucking whore!; I'd rather love Megan than love you; You don't deserve love!; You fucking attention seeker!

All Xander's words. . . felt like a thousand daggers being stabbed on me again and again. I never told anyone about all those things he told me. People see him as sweet and kind, but he's far from it. I even experienced it first hand.

"Then after that, Xander snickered and said, 'Then who does she deserve? You?' Drake turned to look at me, then looked back at Xander, saying something that I know would be the end of their friendship. He said, 'Yes, and it'll never be you.' And before I could process everything that happened, they were already on a full blown fight."

"On Monday, Xander and I were still together, and we still went to school together with Megan. But, it was never like before. Everytime I do or say something wrong, Xander or Megan would glare at me and try to threaten me. But all the things they told me didn't happen because Drake was always there to save me from them. Then one day, it's just like. . . poof! They're gone. Even though the jerk hurt me and caused me pain, I still loved him. I was still worried about him. And when him and Megan was gone all of a sudden, I kept worrying about them. Megan might have also caused me pain, but she was still my friend. I still care about her. Then suddenly, I got a call." I said, and Chase was still looking at me, waiting for what I have to say.

"It was Megan and Xander. They said that they ran away together, to some country they won't tell me. Then, Xander broke up with me. He said something I will never forget. He said, 'By the way, I never loved you. You were the talk of the school and you instantly became popular when you first entered the school. I know you were good for my reputation, so I dated you. And to tell you the truth, Megan just befriended you because I told her so. It would also be good for her reputation.' Those words were stuck in my head, and it kept playing like a broken record. But before he hung up, he said something, something that made me despise him and Megan more than I already did. He said, 'Before I go, I should tell you this. Megan is my real girlfriend, not you. Get that through your thick damn skull.' And before I could even tell him how much I hate him, how I felt, he hung up."

I looked back at Chase and saw that his mouth was hanging agape, looking at me wide eyed. I just smiled weakly at him, then he finally spoke. "That was what happened?" He asked and I nodded.

"Wow. What a situation. I never thought it was this complicated. I thought it was just the same, you know? Like Xander cheating on you with your best friend then he dumps you then he asks Megan to be his girlfriend. I never thought Megan was the real girlfriend." He replied and I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. Me too. I wasn't expecting that to happen." I replied and looked at the ground.

I felt his gaze on me and my cheeks burned in embarrassment. I looked back at him and his eyes held so many emotion, but I never know what those emotions were.