[21] true colors

MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAOIGNJSEOJKNAOIUGJ *clears throat*

Sorry, I had a little cough. Apologies for the late chapter.

-

-

-

- Ross's POV -

-

The man that had approached them the other day led them through the woods.

Ross was suspicious of him, but he knew Max was even more suspicious. He hadn't desummoned his bow, which was slung over his shoulder.

Preston stopped in front of a softly flowing river, shining in the sunlight. "See, I told you I was leading you to the right place!" he exclaimed.

Cory narrowed his eyes at Preston. "Uh, this is a bridge."

Preston rolled his eyes. "Didn't you read Okward's letter? Follow the old nursery rhyme. I led you through the river. Now we need to go through the woods."

Ross shrugged and crossed the bridge with Shelby. 

After a while, Preston was in the lead again. They were walking through the forest, going in no specific direction, but Preston seemed to know where he was going.

The group stopped in front of an iron building. Preston grinned and gestured at the building. "Welcome to the Live Rebels. This is our base of operations."

Preston put his hands in his pockets. "So, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

They walked up to the iron doors blocking the entrance. Preston pressed a button by the door.

A speaker.

Some rustling came from the other end, before a gruff voice asked, "Password?"

Preston responded, "Live in Heptad."

The doors swung open. Preston gestured at the entrance. "After you."

They all filed into the big room. There were no windows, but a fancy ceiling light hung above them. After Max, who was last, came inside, the doors shut with a bang!

Sky immediately turned around, drawing his sword. "Hey, what gives?"

Preston smirked. "Oh, about that. You guys really didn't think I was actually going to lead you to the Live Rebels, did you?"

"What do you mean?" Max demanded, drawing back his bow.

Preston spread his hands. Twin swords of fire appeared. "I meant that this was a trap."

Five other people appeared out of nowhere. They surrounded the teenagers, all holding deadly weapons and wearing evil grins.

"We're called the Pack," the one with a red tie over a brown jacket said.

"We're some of the best fighters they've got," the one with a blue T-Shirt smirked.

"Prepare to die," the one in the checkered hoodie yelled.

The Seven backed into a defensive circle. Ross squeezed in between Shelby and Nick, raising his whip in an attempt to look menacing.

"Let's see..." The one with a blue hoodie tapped his wand against his knee. "We've got the Prince, the Guard, the Baker, the Bully, the Thief, the Orphan, and the Farmer. All seven of you. You know, I was a part of the Seven, too. I was the Seven of Magic. Let's see, Seven of Spells. Can your skills match MINE?"

As he yelled, he slashed down with his wand. A beam of light shot toward them.

"DOWN!" Sky yelled.

They all jumped down to the floor. The one with the checkered hoodie hefted his double-sided axe before charging.

Sky met him with his sword. They pushed away from each other, before running towards each other again in what looked like a deadly dance of blades.

The one with the brown jacket and tie ran to help his comrade. He attacked Sky with his axe, hacking and slashing at the guard. Sky used the winds to boost himself up. The man looked around wildly for a second before Sky knocked him out with the flat of his blade. His friend cried out, before attacking Sky with full force.

The one who said he was the Seven of Magic, Rob, Ross remembered, kept casting spells at any member of the Seven, but everytime, Jin was there to meet it, casting his own protective shield. Shelby and Cory (God, they were a cute couple) were teaming up against Preston, who was slashing with both of his swords, but the Corby duo were just as capable as him. 

Nick and Max were fighting two men, one with tan skin and dark hair, the other with paler skin and blonde hair.

Max and the one with blonde hair were locked in an archer's duel. Nick the other man were fighting in between them, axe against hammer.

Ross was left alone to help somewhere. He squinted at Sky. No, he seemed fine. Jin? No, he was nowhere near overexerting himself. Shelby? Cory? They got this. Nick? Ross didn't know how he was doing what he was doing.

Max cried out. 

Ross spun around to see the other archer standing triumphantly as Max yanked an arrow out of his upper arm. His bow arm. The one that drew back the arrow. Max growled and desummoned his bow.

The archer released an arrow.

Ross lashed out with his whip, catching the arrow and throwing it to the side. He ran up to Max, who looked gratefully at him. 

Ross kept throwing out with his whip while Max shot white-hot flames at the archer. The archer leapt and dodged everything, but Ross could tell he was getting tired. Finally, the archer tripped on something and fell.

Max shot fire at the spot where the fallen archer laid. The archer rolled away, hopping up and landing back on his feet.

Max cursed and clutched his arm, which was bleeding freely from the arrow wound. Ross looked over at him for a split second, but that was all the archer needed.

He drew an arrow and released.